Hopper 3 keeps rebooting

U

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 13, 2006
My Hopper 3 keeps rebooting itself while I am watching live tv or recordings. It doesn't matter what the we are watching. One was on local channels, one was an over the air local, 106 and news. It is really annoying and I don't know if it is worth calling Dish because they will just say to unplug it and plug it back in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
It needs to be replaced. You have to go through the motions, including unplugging it and plugging it back in, for a CSR. Perhaps you will get a reasonable CSR and they will accept that you did this already without fixing the issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
U

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 13, 2006
I am chatting with Dish and they want me to plug it in to a different electrical outlet. Of course the receiver is working fine while I am troubleshooting with them.

dvrexpander

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Same issue - got it replaced requested a new one..got a refurb lol whatever so its been working fine since so I won't complain.
They sent it over the mail and I replaced it myself was pretty easy.

Reactions: TheKrell
D

DonaldStewart

Nov 30, 2021
Sammamish, WA
My hopper started rebooting about two months ago. After several hours on the phone and following their scripts, they finally sent me a new Hopper 3. It did the same thing, and a tech came out last week, since none of my Joey2s would connect, and gave me another new Hopper3. The Joeys still wouldn’t connect, and he ended up upgrading them to Joey3s. However, the 3rd Hopper3 is still rebooting. I am getting frustrated

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
The continual rebooting after exchange may indicate you have a problem with the stability of your electrical service or a problem with your satellite signal or if you have an OTA adapter, it is left on a weak OTA station.

D

DonaldStewart

Nov 30, 2021
Sammamish, WA
Jim55506,
I don’t have an OTA adapter, and the tech who left the Hopper3 last week did climb up on the roof and move the antenna a bit. He said the signal was good now. No other electrical devices in the house (including several computers) seem to have any trouble with the electrical supply, and the rebooting has persisted whether or not I have a UPS connected to the Hopper3. However, I agree that your suspicion makes sense. I will, at least, try another outlet for a while.

Reactions: charlesrshell