Hopper 3 keeps rebooting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
My Hopper 3 keeps rebooting itself while I am watching live tv or recordings. It doesn't matter what the we are watching. One was on local channels, one was an over the air local, 106 and news. It is really annoying and I don't know if it is worth calling Dish because they will just say to unplug it and plug it back in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It needs to be replaced. You have to go through the motions, including unplugging it and plugging it back in, for a CSR. Perhaps you will get a reasonable CSR and they will accept that you did this already without fixing the issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Same issue - got it replaced requested a new one..got a refurb lol whatever so its been working fine since so I won't complain.
They sent it over the mail and I replaced it myself was pretty easy.

Reactions: TheKrell
My hopper started rebooting about two months ago. After several hours on the phone and following their scripts, they finally sent me a new Hopper 3. It did the same thing, and a tech came out last week, since none of my Joey2s would connect, and gave me another new Hopper3. The Joeys still wouldn’t connect, and he ended up upgrading them to Joey3s. However, the 3rd Hopper3 is still rebooting. I am getting frustrated

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
The continual rebooting after exchange may indicate you have a problem with the stability of your electrical service or a problem with your satellite signal or if you have an OTA adapter, it is left on a weak OTA station.

Jim55506,
I don’t have an OTA adapter, and the tech who left the Hopper3 last week did climb up on the roof and move the antenna a bit. He said the signal was good now. No other electrical devices in the house (including several computers) seem to have any trouble with the electrical supply, and the rebooting has persisted whether or not I have a UPS connected to the Hopper3. However, I agree that your suspicion makes sense. I will, at least, try another outlet for a while.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, although I planned to run power from another circuit to my Hopper, I never got around to it (largely due to bad weather). The Hopper continued to reboot 3-4 times a day until a week ago, then it stopped. It has worked flawlessly for a week now, without me doing anything. I can only assume that a software update fixed something, and now I am glad that I didn’t rewire my house to fix a problem that has since resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts