Hopper 3 looses buffer when joey 4k turns on, happening again after good for long time

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
Say, tried searching for the older posts but was striking out. If the hopper 3 is on, when my 4k joey turns on, it sorta resets the h3, quick black screen, than buffers for both input swap channels are gone, and the h3 goes to live TV vs buffered.
This problem happened many months, year or more ?? Ago.... then seemed to be fixed. This is back for me for the last 2 days or so.
Any thoughts , tips, ways to stop it from happening??

On h333 1/18/23 on the h3... (not sure at the moment on the j4k)
Thanks much for your time

Last time I saw something like that was because the host input on the node was connected to the #2 output on the lnb (lazy upgrade) instead of #1, but it could be just moca issues, like your line to the hopper is not 3g rg6, or 10 other problems. Get a tech out there. And get rid of that 4k joey. A joey 3 performs 10x better than that old 4k joey. Your channels are mostly in 720, anyway.
And, are you sure it happens when the joey turns on? Or maybe every time the the refrigerator or air conditioner or heat comes on...

Reactions: charlesrshell
we have 2 joey 3 in the house as well that rarely get used , have to agree the 4k is a huge disappointment. no 4k, no pip

yep, must be when the refrigerator door opens.... ffs :facepalm

Last edited:

• Mar 15, 2021 was the last time i ran into this and it corrected on its own, about 2 years ago

we have 2 joey 3 in the house as well that rarely get used , have to agree the 4k is a huge disappointment. no 4k, no pip

Scuttlebutt is that the 4K Joey can view 4K recordings (even HDR) initiated from the Hopper.

Yep, energy surges can cause all kinds of issues with a whole home system. It was a serious question. Any high-energy devices cause surges, which is why you should have surge protectors over 2000 joules on all your tvs.