Hopper 3 "new and reruns" skipping the reruns

tinydangers

Original poster
Mar 7, 2023
Usa
I'm trying to record a show that comes on at 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m In case one is stopped, but it keeps skipping one of the episodes even though it's set to new and reruns.

If your 8PM recording recorded even a minute of your show the 1AM will skip because the DVR will note you already have a recording of that show.
Yup, what ^^^ said. The way to do it if you want both is to go into the Schedule tab, turn off the hide duplicates option and then select the 2nd show and hit restore.

Another easier way is just to go into the guide and you'll see one show with the red dot that is the primary, the other one will have the hollow round arrow meaning it was skipped. Just select the 2nd one again from the guide and hit restore.

If I'm doing a lot of them and don't now exactly when they are I'll use procedure #1. If I know the time, I'll use the 2nd procedure.

Yup, what ^^^ said. The way to do it if you want both is to go into the Schedule tab, turn off the hide duplicates option and then select the 2nd show and hit restore.

Another easier way is just to go into the guide and you'll see one show with the red dot that is the primary, the other one will have the hollow round arrow meaning it was skipped. Just select the 2nd one again from the guide and hit restore.

If I'm doing a lot of them and don't now exactly when they are I'll use procedure #1. If I know the time, I'll use the 2nd procedure.
There is no hide duplicates on my schedule tab for some reason, but I got tired of selecting to restore it everyday. so I set a daily timer for the show and then went and did a custom timer for that Channel at a certain time. I just had to do two separate timers because family members keep stopping it other every other day or so and I miss out.

If your 8PM recording recorded even a minute of your show the 1AM will skip because the DVR will note you already have a recording of that show.
This kind of makes the new and reruns thing pointless cuz it does the same thing as daily, but thank you. I ended up having to do a separate custom timer so that I can get it instead of family members stopping it from recording