Hopper 3 mysteriously enabled PTAT today...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

evilsofa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Atlanta, Ga
Anyone else see this. I do not have PTAT enabled, it has been disabled since I received my H3 and even after I had received U304 update. Skip forward to today after Noon EST, checked my scheduled list and what do I have but the annoying yellow PT in my list. NOTE: I did not enabled this and nobody else is in the house so HOW did it get enabled.....

Reactions: UpLateAgain
It happens. Just turn it back off or leave it on. After all, with 16 tuners you won't have a conflict.
I have never had my HWS or my H3 do this and I have had the H3 from release date. It should not "happen", this is not Windows where I would expect stuff to change.

I have never had my HWS or my H3 do this and I have had the H3 from release date. It should not "happen", this is not Windows where I would expect stuff to change.
Well, maybe you've had your Hoppers (H1 and H3) as long as I have, like since March 17, 2012, but..... things happen. Sometimes in the overnight reboots cause some things. Sometimes that overnight reboot has a mini fix in it and an aftereffect causes things to happen. I've had disabled things turn themselves on over time. When I discover it, I simply disable it again. No biggie... ;)

Well, maybe you've had your Hoppers (H1 and H3) as long as I have, like since March 17, 2012, but..... things happen. Sometimes in the overnight reboots cause some things. Sometimes that overnight reboot has a mini fix in it and an aftereffect causes things to happen. I've had disabled things turn themselves on over time. When I discover it, I simply disable it again. No biggie... ;)
Yep, it happens...like resolutions going from 1080i to 420p. Software is software...soft!

I had to turn the Caller ID display back on after the last firmware update. Like Bobby said, no biggie. :)

Anyone else see this. I do not have PTAT enabled, it has been disabled since I received my H3 and even after I had received U304 update. Skip forward to today after Noon EST, checked my scheduled list and what do I have but the annoying yellow PT in my list. NOTE: I did not enabled this and nobody else is in the house so HOW did it get enabled.....

Mine does it all the time. I disable it, go out of town for a few days, and come back expecting to watch the shows I've programmed on timers only to discover I have several rows of programming recorded I have no interest in and have to go through individually and delete. I absolutely HATE it. It's irritating me to the point where I'll probably go back to DirecTV as soon as my promotional period is over. And when it's recording, you can't stop it or turn it off absent unplugging the DVR and waiting until prime time is over to reset it again.

The other thing I find intensely frustrating, is if a show is recording and I start to watch it before the show has finished, if I page through the commercials and catch up to where it is live, it stops recording (except on PTA.. which keeps recording no matter what). At least with DirecTV, if you tell it to record a show it records it and if you tell it to stop it stops. Part of the time, my timers don't work either. They'll faithfully record a show a daily for a couple of weeks, but then I'll go to watch it and it's not there... with no explanation. I have to constantly check my dvr 'schedule' to make sure what I want to record is actually going to record, and not arbitrarily decide not to.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
It's irritating to have to check every day to make sure things i neither want not use are still disabled... and to check the schedule to see if things you've had on a timer for months is going to actually record and not arbitrarily decide not ot.... which happens to me all the time.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Leave it alone, you might find something interesting and it does NOT take up recording space, it has a reserved area for its recordings.

I
It happens. Just turn it back off or leave it on. After all, with 16 tuners you won't have a conflict.

It's intensely irritating. I could live with it if it were the only issue, but timers periodically decide to not record programs I'm looking forward to watching, or they'll record the first 40 minutes of an hour show and then stop recording for no reason. I figured it's a relatively new system and they just have to work some bugs out, but it's been months and months now, and it doesn't seen to be getting any better. Back in the days when I only had two tuners on my DirecTV DVR, I never seemed to have any problems at all getting to watch what I wanted-to. These days I have to constantly check my scheduling to make sure programs I want to record actually will, and that the PTA has remained off. It's just irritating. On the good side, I watch less TV these days rather than deal with the issues. I've had to buy two new remotes because my wife has gotten so mad she hurls them across the room while screaming 'I HATE THIS THING!"

Leave it alone, you might find something interesting and it does NOT take up recording space, it has a reserved area for its recordings.

I thought that long ago went away in favor of recording to existing user storage way back in the H2K days.

Reactions: JSheridan
I

It's intensely irritating. I could live with it if it were the only issue, but timers periodically decide to not record programs I'm looking forward to watching, or they'll record the first 40 minutes of an hour show and then stop recording for no reason. I figured it's a relatively new system and they just have to work some bugs out, but it's been months and months now, and it doesn't seen to be getting any better. Back in the days when I only had two tuners on my DirecTV DVR, I never seemed to have any problems at all getting to watch what I wanted-to. These days I have to constantly check my scheduling to make sure programs I want to record actually will, and that the PTA has remained off. It's just irritating. On the good side, I watch less TV these days rather than deal with the issues. I've had to buy two new remotes because my wife has gotten so mad she hurls them across the room while screaming 'I HATE THIS THING!"
That's because if one thing (word etc.) is changed in the program guide it screws up the timers.

Reactions: navychop
I thought that long ago went away in favor of recording to existing user storage way back in the H2K days.

It did. PTAT recordings are calculated in the user's free space. I have two Hopper 3's with the exact same timers, recordings, etc. One has PTAT turned off and is using 26% of the space and the other has PTAT turned on and is using 37%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)