Hopper 3 OTA tuner problems.

spacenerd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Wapakoneta, Ohio
We have had the Hooper 3 for a little over 2 weeks now and so far so good except for a couple annoyances.
First I am still not used to the start up screen I find it very annoying. That being said my big problem has been using the OTA tuner. Everything scanned in fine and I picked up just as many channels as my old Hopper. The problem is it seems to stop working. The channels are still in the guide but when you try to click on a OTA channel you get the screen that shows what tuners that are being used. This has happened 4 times in the two weeks we have had this unit. I have talked to tech support, the were unaware of the problem. There solution was to rescan which does fix the problem.
Also I notice that the tuner shows a locked message (not on the older unit). So if you want to edit a new scan you have to unplug the OTA tuner from the Hopper and start all over. I cannot figure out how to unlock the tuner to make changes.
My guess is this may just be a software issue but having to rescan 4 times is a problem that needs to be fixed.
Spacenerd

Reactions: D. Manley
Usually the Lock Icon in the OTA programs indicate your Hopper 3 might not know your DMA and can't match your local channels to a known set of available channels. Do you have your Zip Code entered into your Hopper 3?

Usually the Lock Icon in the OTA programs indicate your Hopper 3 might not know your DMA and can't match your local channels to a known set of available channels. Do you have your Zip Code entered into your Hopper 3?
I have found that by rescanning it unlocks. Were do I enter my zip code. My Hopper 3 was set up by a service tech so I didn't see how he did that.
Spacenerd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts