Hopper 3 PiP Issue

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Rome, Georgia, United States
Anyone else having issue with 2x2 (aka 4 channels) PiP with Hopper 3? It's been acting up at least all day today. I've done two resets but still get same thing. I can "change channels" and go through menus but when it's supposed to be showing video I get this. Once I get this messed up screen I have to reset to get it back to normal.
IMG_20200111_233735487_HDR.jpg

Oh no, tedb3rd. We absolutely hate to hear that you were having some technical issues with the multi-screen yesterday. Was yesterday the first day that you were experiencing this issue or have you had this issue in the past as well?

Anyone else having issue with 2x2 (aka 4 channels) PiP with Hopper 3? It's been acting up at least all day today. I've done two resets but still get same thing. I can "change channels" and go through menus but when it's supposed to be showing video I get this. Once I get this messed up screen I have to reset to get it back to normal. View attachment 142816

This problem can be caused by putting an eastern arc standard definition channel in either of the top two quads of the MultiView screen. If you tune to four HD channels one after the other and then engage MultiView do you still have the problem?

Thanks for that suggestion. That seems to solve the problem. Only difference for me was to clear out a SD channel I had to go to side by side view and switch both of those to a HD channel... Just tuning to 4 HD channels in order didn't "clear" the memory.

But still, I really appreciate your help! I never would have guessed that was the issue. Perhaps this can get sent over to devs for bug fix in a future release, DIRT?

Reactions: JSheridan
Thanks for that suggestion. That seems to solve the problem. Only difference for me was to clear out a SD channel I had to go to side by side view and switch both of those to a HD channel... Just tuning to 4 HD channels in order didn't "clear" the memory.

But still, I really appreciate your help! I never would have guessed that was the issue. Perhaps this can get sent over to devs for bug fix in a future release, DIRT?

Glad that fixed it for you. I forgot to mention that you have to turn the receiver off then on again before going to the four HD channels. :)

This has been a problem in MultiView since it was introduced and they should be aware of the bug. It's only on eastern arc so I doubt it's a high priority to be fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts