hopper 3 plus

Are they free for New Customers and Established Customer, or just for the New Customers???
From what I've seen is for new customers or existing customers that need upgrades, that didn't even ask about it they hand it out for free, but if you call in specifically ask to add one then they want $50. It's kind of silly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Months ago I was calling Loyalty about something else.I asked" is the H+ plus available to regular customers yet?"It was and free.I tried it out and ended up disconnecting it(which is very easy).
I do recommend everyone try it-my reasons for not using it are certainly not everyones.
There is a whole forum on this site devoted to the H+.Not a bad idea to visit there to get an idea of what people found.

This Thursday, which will be September7th, I am going to get the Hopper Plus installed. I called 3 times, and I guess the 3rd time is the charm. Sometimes, not all of the times, but sometimes I would rather have my teeth pulled, than talking to a Dish Customer Service Rep. While the 1st was pleasant, she did have a lot of difficulty being able to set up a time/date. She said it should be about 15 to 20 minutes, which Dish never called back. I tried again, only after trying to tell No. 2 Rep what I wanted, she had me more confused/frustrated. I hung up on her. The 3rd Rep after explaining what I needed, got it done, with no explanations. So, fingers crossed, it will be done this Thursday. I like Dish, but Customer Service has really went downhill with this place, since I have been on/off since 2001. I went to Directv in 2004, but back with Dish, when my Locals were added.

This Thursday, which will be September7th, I am going to get the Hopper Plus installed. I called 3 times, and I guess the 3rd time is the charm. Sometimes, not all of the times, but sometimes I would rather have my teeth pulled, than talking to a Dish Customer Service Rep. While the 1st was pleasant, she did have a lot of difficulty being able to set up a time/date. She said it should be about 15 to 20 minutes, which Dish never called back. I tried again, only after trying to tell No. 2 Rep what I wanted, she had me more confused/frustrated. I hung up on her. The 3rd Rep after explaining what I needed, got it done, with no explanations. So, fingers crossed, it will be done this Thursday. I like Dish, but Customer Service has really went downhill with this place, since I have been on/off since 2001. I went to Directv in 2004, but back with Dish, when my Locals were added.
Fact! Customer Service has gone down more than up since the Cyberattack

Pretty sure you can track online info about the tech close to the day of install.Plus text messages.

Jackson85; our installers Hipkat and Boston will hopefully confirm this.

If you need (or willing ) to upgrade from Joey 2 to Joey 4 you must have a commitment of 2 years! I believe replacing a device with identical device does not require that. Just to be safe, you may want to call CS for details.

So, in order for the other rooms to be compatible with or to work with the Hopper Plus, I need to upgrade to the Joey 4s.
If you want the android tv platform then yes. Just call dish and tell them you want a hopper plus and two joey4s. May have to pay a one time fee of $50 and two year committment.

The plus is not required for the Joey4s to operate, however dish won't set it up without the plus. You could disconnect if you wanted but imo I'd leave it connected. I like all the tvs to have same interface and functions. And most of the bugs have been worked out.