Hopper 3 problem : was told we should replace Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hoophead

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Wisconsin
Get this msg turning on TV: on hopper 3 having what appears to be a drawing of a headphone lower right corner (and no volume) "touch any button to view tv otherwise the hopper 3 will go into standby"
Volume will return upon doing this new surprise each time on 2 TVs.

WHAT?? Anyone else with same issue?

Last edited:
Anyone else with same issue?

All the time with the 54 remote. It's IR signal seems to be way way weaker than my old UHF Pro 6.3 remotes, and pressing the power button to turn on both TV and Hopper (or Joey) doesn't turn on the TV. So I press the button again which turns on the TV and turns off the Hopper, showing the message you saw.

Reactions: pattykay
All the time with the 54 remote. It's IR signal seems to be way way weaker than my old UHF Pro 6.3 remotes, and pressing the power button to turn on both TV and Hopper (or Joey) doesn't turn on the TV. So I press the button again which turns on the TV and turns off the Hopper, showing the message you saw.
This is why I never rely on the Power button to turn on both at the same time. I press the TV mode button first, and then press the Power button to turn on only the TV. Once I see that the TV is actually on, I then press the Sat mode button to turn on the Wally. This works every time, to avoid seeing that message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)