Hopper 3 re-booted, leaving no timers/no search

Billy Norris

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Last night, right before the Super Bowl started, our Hopper 3 restarted. When it came back on, there were no timers and we couldn't search. The system continuously re-booted during the game. After the Super Bowl, I reset the Hopper 3 back to factory defaults (leaving the timers and recorded programs) per Dish Network instructions. This morning, the Hopper 3 is STILL without timers and search.

Any ideas??? There were several others having this same problem last night.

You might want to sit tight and see what happens as the day progresses before you do anything too dramatic...seems to be a lot of reports popping up this morning about recording oddities yesterday and into the morning so far.

Reactions: Billy Norris
OK, came on here to see if my Hopper was the only one screwed up - got up and my DVR didn't show the shows I normally record, I couldn't record anything (I tried to record something in progress and got an error message) and so I rebooted. After the reboot the programs that should have been recorded showed up, but they only had a couple of minutes recorded. The progress bar SHOWS they have an hour or so recorded, but they don't.

Good to hear it probably isn't just my Hopper 3 screwing up.

Reactions: Billy Norris
Mine Rebooted twice last night also. Once towards the end of sb and another at 11pm.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Same thing for me. Having a replacement Hopper sent out (since I had other freezing issues before the update last night) but - the software update last night was definitetly a bad one. Has me considering getting rid of Dish altogether. We almost missed the Super Bowl since none of the Primetime Anytime recordings happened last night. No recordings this morning either.

Doesn't Dish software engineering think that a major software update on the Day/night of one of the biggest games of the entire year *might* be a bad idea??? I just don't know what to think of Dish anymore. Looking at SlingTV and other alternatives today to see what else is out there. Recording 16 things at once isn't that great when you can't even record ONE of those 16 shows...

When I arrived home last night, everything was back to normal on the Hopper 3. I don't know what happened, or what bright person did that to us Hopper 3 owners, but I was ready to switch to DirecTV after it happened.

Wasn't pretty in our household Sunday night....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)