Hopper 3 really this smart?

vttvwatcher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
in a house
On several occasions now, I've turned on my TV and the receiver is already on and tuned to the channel I had planned on watching ...

This morning it was turned on to SundanceTV (I think I've only watched that channel one other time and it was last Saturday morning) ... Several times this week I've come home from work to watch baseball, and (after having the receiver off all day while I was gone) I find the receiver already turned on to my regional sports network--the same channel I've been watching several evenings this week. There are several other cases of this--and each time these were not the channels I had been watching when I last turned the receiver off.

So--is the Hopper 3 really that smart? ... Am I crazy, or is it remembering what I was watching last night or last week at that time and automatically tuning in to that channel for me in case I want to watch that program again?

On several occasions now, I've turned on my TV and the receiver is already on and tuned to the channel I had planned on watching ...

This morning it was turned on to SundanceTV (I think I've only watched that channel one other time and it was last Saturday morning) ... Several times this week I've come home from work to watch baseball, and (after having the receiver off all day while I was gone) I find the receiver already turned on to my regional sports network--the same channel I've been watching several evenings this week. There are several other cases of this--and each time these were not the channels I had been watching when I last turned the receiver off.

So--is the Hopper 3 really that smart? ... Am I crazy, or is it remembering what I was watching last night or last week at that time and automatically tuning in to that channel for me in case I want to watch that program again?
You probably have it set to tune to smart channel

My LR HWS generally tunes to the wife beater Channel, with some disgusting horrible crime against children or women. Special Victims Unit. HORRIBLE stuff. I can't stand it. I don't understand why my wife watches it.

Reactions: stardust3
My LR HWS generally tunes to the wife beater Channel, with some disgusting horrible crime against children or women. Special Victims Unit. HORRIBLE stuff. I can't stand it. I don't understand why my wife watches it.

My ex girlfriend used to tell me she watches the ID channel and she knows 91 different ways to hide my body so I should be careful LOL

Smart Channel was always a complete joke on my H2, the ability to get rid of it was one of the VERY few things good about Carbon.

Reactions: pattykay
My ex girlfriend used to tell me she watches the ID channel and she knows 91 different ways to hide my body so I should be careful LOL

I'll bet you were real careful and delicately handled the "ex" part.

Reactions: HipKat
My fiancée and I have been discussing the topic of exes. I have one that is particularly crazy. She lost it, and even told everyone she was going to start stripping for Jesus to earn money to open a battered woman’s shelter. She also said that her husband likely sold or traded her to some Arabic guy that frequently told her to leave him alone. She thought this because he posted something on Instagram about Princess Jasmine, and she thought that was her. She is nutty to say the least. Needless to say, we have agreed after checking that our house has fire insurance, that we will just see where this cookie crumbles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)