Hopper 3 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlabsher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Lexington Park, MD
Anyone else not a fan of the new remote? I upgraded from a hopper 2 to a hopper 3 and love everything about it except the remote.

I loved the old remote with the colored buttons, could easily find my sports, turn on closed captioning for watching in bed with the volume down, navigate between channels, dvr, volume, in the dark, and it didn't make annoying clicking noises when I punched the buttons.

Wish Dish had kept the same remote design (or at least something similar) they had used for the last 20 years instead of totally changing it. Not a fan at all.

Some suggestions would be, adding light up buttons, give us bumps or dimples on some of the buttons so we can tell them apart in the dark, or keep some of the original navigation they had on the old remotes.

Don't even get me started on the usefulness/placement of the side buttons controlling the inputs. I can't count the number of time I have pushed them by mistake.

The new remote is a failure, sorry Dish.

In case you weren't aware, you can still pair the old 40 remote with the H3 and use it instead if you want. All of the old buttons that are missing from the new 52 remote still work. If you don't have any of your old 40 remotes left, you can still buy them on Amazon or ebay.

Reactions: jlabsher
In case you weren't aware, you can still pair the old 40 remote with the H3 and use it instead if you want. All of the old buttons that are missing from the new 52 remote still work. If you don't have any of your old 40 remotes left, you can still buy them on Amazon or ebay.
So pressing the green color button on a 40.0 remote that is paired to a Hopper 3 will control Closed Caption?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts