Hopper 3 setup with Joey Plus issue

So maybe other people such as charlesrshell with the Hopper Plus connected to a Hopper 3 can comment if pressing the power button on the remote and the Hopper 3's front panel itself actually does anything.
At my H+ when I hold down the 54.0 remote's power button for more than 1.5 seconds and release all that happens is the TV turns off. When I do the same thing at the Hopper I get the screen saver with a menu. Don't remember what it said. Went to take a pic of it, but the Plus went into a reboot. When the Plus at some time during the reboot caused my other Hopper 3 to lose Internet. And, of course, my wife was watching Netfix and gave me a sever counseling sestion. After the plus was back on line, I got the Netfix back on at the H3 for my commander!! I took one for the team Almighty1.

• Sad
Reactions: Almighty1
At my H+ when I hold down the 54.0 remote's power button for more than 1.5 seconds and release all that happens is the TV turns off. When I do the same thing at the Hopper I get the screen saver with a menu. Don't remember what it said. Went to take a pic of it, but the Plus went into a reboot. When the Plus at some time during the reboot caused my other Hopper 3 to lose Internet. And, of course, my wife was watching Netfix and gave me a sever counseling sestion. After the plus was back on line, I got the Netfix back on at the H3 for my commander!! I took one for the team Almighty1.
Interesting. With the 50.0 and 52.0 since it has a independent TV Power button so I can keep the TV on when pressing buttons on the remote and in SAT mode, nothing happens when I press the power button on the left for more than 1.5 seconds and release. On the Hopper, if I press and release the power button, nothing happens but if I press the power button for more than 1.5 seconds and release, I get this popup but the live tv still in the background but not the screen saver with a menu like you did.

1699212407093.png

Sorry about that, charlesrshell as I didn't mean to cause a big hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Interesting. With the 50.0 and 52.0 since it has a independent TV Power button so I can keep the TV on when pressing buttons on the remote and in SAT mode, nothing happens when I press the power button on the left for more than 1.5 seconds and release. On the Hopper, if I press and release the power button, nothing happens but if I press the power button for more than 1.5 seconds and release, I get this popup but the live tv still in the background but not the screen saver with a menu like you did.

View attachment 166348

Sorry about that, charlesrshell as I didn't mean to cause a big hassle.
No hassle. Just a quick A-- chewing!! LOL

• Wow
Reactions: Almighty1