Hopper 3 Slow Motion Help Please...

space86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
How do I make the Slow Motion on the Hopper 3 make the status bar go away during slow motion so I can see the Video without the Status bar on the screen

Nobody knows the answer going to be horrible to slow motion NFL football if they don't fix this

Pause the video. Wait 10 seconds for the status bar to disappear then do your slow motion.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work anymore, at least not on the new UI. The status bar does go away once paused once paused for 10 seconds, but as soon as you invoke the slow motion, the status bar returns. I agree that its annoying.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work anymore, at least not on the new UI. The status bar does go away once paused once paused for 10 seconds, but as soon as you invoke the slow motion, the status bar returns. I agree that its annoying.

OMG your right. I was not aware. This needs to be fixed quickly.

Reactions: mruk69 and DWS44
Not only does the status bar remain on the screen but on my Joeys when I try to watch an event in slow motion it jumps ahead anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes making it impossible to see exactly where you want to watch. And during slow motion if you try to pause, it won't, it goes to regular speed. The Hopper 3 will at least let you see an event in slow motion even though the status bar remains, with the Joeys slow motion is totally worthless. My work around is to pause, wait until the status bar disappears, and then watch frame by frame. What a shame. The repairman was unaware of this problem and when I showed him he could hardly believe it.

I remember when Dish gave in to the Tivo lawsuit, they did so by paying a licensing fee. Though I hated the lawsuit (and Tivo) I did say "Hurrah, at least they'll go back to the great slomo etc. they had before they changed it in a workaround as an attempt to circumvent Tivo's strongest patent claim".

But since they caved...nothing. Come on Dish, you paid for it...use it!

A Dish support person just told me that no Joeys had slow motion. I bet that's something they don't put in the manuals. Does anyone know if DirectTV has slow motion on their slave receivers?

After hitting pause, try skipping a frame before hitting the slo-mo. That's how it works to remove the status bar on my 722. Does that no longer work on the Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts