Hopper 3 Sports Bar Mode

anex80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Midwest
The NCAA tournament starts in a little over a week and it sure would be nice to have sports bar mode active by then. Has anyone heard anything about a timeline for this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sports bar mode is active for me today!!! It's an option in PiP called Multiview which breaks the screen into 4 quadrants. I have U307 and do NOT have a 4K tv, which means this feature will work on a normal HDTV. I've tried this already and had no issues whatsoever. I was even able to put a recording in one of the boxes. This will be PERFECT for the March Madness tourney, and just in time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and do NOT have a 4K tv, which means this feature will work on a normal HDTV.
Doing this on a non-4K TV shouldn't be that much different than doing it on a 4K TV. I know there were reports that it would work on 4K TVs first and then non-4K TVs later, but that didn't seem to be very logical.

And it does work on my 2010 Samsung 1920x1080 HDTV, so no 4K required to enjoy!

I was happy to find the sports bar mode enabled today when I sat down to start watching the tournament.

While it is not a deal breaker at the moment, I am experiencing frequent audio drop outs while in sports bar mode on my setup. (Using DD5.1 on optical cable)

Reactions: Rixos
HOW THE NEW HOPPER 3 SPORTS BAR MODE WORKS

DISH has become the first pay-TV provider in the industry to introduce Sports Bar Mode, a viewing experience in which your home TV screen mimics the sports bar experience of having multiple TV programs on display at once. With Sports Bar Mode, also known as MultiView, you and your family and friends can watch any four channels at once on a 4K or HDTV screen, including both sports events and premium movie content. Sports Bar Mode works in conjunction with an array of new features, all of which come with the new DISH Hopper 3.

http://www.dish.com/dig/technology/how-the-new-hopper-3-sports-bar-mode-works/

Everything working fine over here. Looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_20160317_180138.jpg
    IMG_20160317_180138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts