Hopper 3 stream speed

The speed test doesn't really mean all that much for high-ish speed links (>15mbps or so )in my experience. The limiting factor appears to be how fast Dish's servers are willing to feed the data, not the actual capacity of the pipe. It appears Dish considers 10mbps or so "fast enough" and while there are bursts and times it goes higher, sustained rates always seem to be in the 10-20mbps range for me. The ISPs may be throttling to some degree as well. I have Comcast now, but results were the same with ATT.

Ran the test just now and 85 mbps right now. Never saw that kind of speed streaming. Interesting.

The speed keeps increasing, I only use to get around 20 mbps

Attachments

• 1455238158229.jpg
    1455238158229.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: charlesrshell
The speed test doesn't really mean all that much for high-ish speed links (>15mbps or so )in my experience. The limiting factor appears to be how fast Dish's servers are willing to feed the data, not the actual capacity of the pipe. It appears Dish considers 10mbps or so "fast enough" and while there are bursts and times it goes higher, sustained rates always seem to be in the 10-20mbps range for me. The ISPs may be throttling to some degree as well. I have Comcast now, but results were the same with ATT.

This ^ seems to be true. I have burst, of over 200, but I think it's Dish, I'm getting around 300 from my ISP consistently, on everything else (except my son's Play Station). I know Sony throttles it somewhat, and now it looks like Dish may too.

This will be interesting to try out and see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts