Hopper 3 System Test

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As long as it is only doing this once per day, this is normal. You can set the time of the Daily Reset by going to:
Menu > Settings > Power > Daily Reset Time
Whatever hour you select, the System Test will occur at around 35 minutes past the hour. If you see the System Test occur at any other time of the day, then that may be a sign of a problem.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
But the time you set for the Daily Reboot is not guaranteed. Mine fires off at anytime of the day and not when set to. Even while recording.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

But the time you set for the Daily Reboot is not guaranteed. Mine fires off at anytime of the day and not when set to. Even while recording.
Ah, yes, that is a Hopper 3 problem. Maybe there is a new software version that will fix this. My Hopper Duo just took a software download today, so there could also be a new version for the Hopper 3. :)

Reactions: SandFarmer

Yeah that happened to me today. I have mine set to 3 AM and had no recordings going on overnight and I turned on the TV a little after 10 AM and the 'I need to reboot' message came up shortly after

I've had this problem for months. Dish CSR said Dish is aware but never fixed it. Programmed reset time has no effect, Mine usually happens at 8 pm.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Never mind, I see you already started a thread about the new Hopper 3 software version.
Haven't had occasion to see how the "Daily Reboot" functions after the U934 update. Fingers Crossed and hoping, but not expecting any change.

Reactions: pattykay
Yeah that happened to me today. I have mine set to 3 AM and had no recordings going on overnight and I turned on the TV a little after 10 AM and the 'I need to reboot' message came up shortly after
I love how it lays in wait for you to wake the unit before it does what could easily and has been done on its own in the past. Maybe D!SH should take over Apples abandoned "Cat" naming protocols and change it from the Hopper to something that would jump out at you. Mine would be "The Rattler", since it's so noisy also.

I love how it lays in wait for you to wake the unit before it does what could easily and has been done on its own in the past. ...
I had a similar experience with the Wally. All this year, it seemed like it would never update the guide on its own after the Daily Reset, no matter how long I left it in standby. I would always have to wake up the unit, and then put it back into standby before it would do a guide download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)