Hopper 3. The functionality has MUCH to be improved

I have been with Dish for a long time, 17 or 18 years. I have seen things like this happen periodically with new receivers. That is why I will never ever be one of the first to try out a new Dish receiver, and I will never try any Beta software.

EDIT: The good news is that Dish does eventually take care of the problems!

Yes ,they do finally fix the problems....... right before or right after they discontinue the receiver and then they are on to the next newest receiver release and the cycle repeats. Been with DISH 19 years now and I've seen this happen too many times to recount all the new receivers I have gone through. But I have learned to now WAIT- before I jump on the latest newest thing that DISH releases , because most times, the receiver will have another year or so to go through before they finally debug the damn thing. I have had the hopper and the hopper with sling going back to 2012 and 2014 respectively and I have yet to see them finish the ADD LOCAL feature that has "been coming soon" now for 4 years.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have hope that many of these issues will be resolved. I think Dish really needed to get this H3 out ASAP to be as competitive as they could. Therefore, H3 lacking a lot of Hopper features. I think the H3 could be a far improved box by the end of the year. Let's hope Echostar/Dish does not give-up on the H3 as is and will have many missing features added to the H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hmmm. Maybe the day they finally have a stable, full featured box is the day they stop sending them out for free?

The new remote makes everything that took one step turn into three to five steps.

I don't get the negativity towards the new remote. I love it, the kids love it and, most importantly, the wife prefers it. I guess some people like more buttons, but for our purposes, simple is better. It does 99% of everything we use quickly. It looks sharp, feels great in the hand and makes all of the most important buttons easier to access. I MUCH prefer this over a cluttered remote with a thousand buttons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts