Hopper 3 Timer Defaults

vipul128

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Having an issue with timer defaults on the Hopper 3.

Whenever I create a new series recording, the timer defaults to a specific folder. This happens when the timer is initiated on the hopper or any connected joeys. When I go in to edit the timer and choose "No Folder" I then get prompted to create a new folder name and must hit cancel to back out. This seems like a bug, as it should not prompt you to create a folder when you choose No Folder as the destination.

I can't seem to find it, but is there any way to have it default to No Folder when creating recordings? I've gone to settings and Timer Defaults, but the default folder option is not listed.

Also, as a suggestion, it would be nice if you could set a timer default based on which room the timer was initiated from. For example, if my Mom creates a timer from her Joey, it should default to the Mom folder. If I create a timer from my bedroom using my own Joey, it should default to my own folder if created, etc. Basically, since the Hopper already knows where the timer is being set from, it should be able to have it's own defaults based on that.

Reactions: evilsofa
Having an issue with timer defaults on the Hopper 3.

Whenever I create a new series recording, the timer defaults to a specific folder. This happens when the timer is initiated on the hopper or any connected joeys. When I go in to edit the timer and choose "No Folder" I then get prompted to create a new folder name and must hit cancel to back out. This seems like a bug, as it should not prompt you to create a folder when you choose No Folder as the destination.

I can't seem to find it, but is there any way to have it default to No Folder when creating recordings? I've gone to settings and Timer Defaults, but the default folder option is not listed.

Also, as a suggestion, it would be nice if you could set a timer default based on which room the timer was initiated from. For example, if my Mom creates a timer from her Joey, it should default to the Mom folder. If I create a timer from my bedroom using my own Joey, it should default to my own folder if created, etc. Basically, since the Hopper already knows where the timer is being set from, it should be able to have it's own defaults based on that.

Can you send me your Account#, 4 digit Pin#, R00, Software, and Bootstrap in a PM. I will pass this information along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)