Hopper 3 - Transition between recorded show and live tv issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StringFellow

Original poster
May 19, 2012
USA
Dish needs to really look into how the Carbon interface hands the transitions between watching a record show from the beginning (while it is still being recorded) and the transition to live tv. I have had black screens occurring after receiving the playback complete window (when the show is still being recorded and still available via live tv) and selecting live tv from that screen. At that time the guide is available (i.e Hopper didn't hang) and you have to change channels to get access to the audio/video for that active tv show. Restarting the Hopper hasn't resolved the issues.

I have also received 2 recordings in my DVR window when the transition from recorded to live tv fails to transition correctly. I have one recording for the first part (before the black screen) and a 2nd recording for the part of the show that occurred after the black screen. I have seen this issue multiple times, also causing confusion with other people in the household.

I love the new Hoppper and the Carbon interface, but there are so many bugs related to basic DVR features that it should not have passed through testing. The new Carbon Interface is NOT ready for prime time release. They should have waited another 6 months before releasing. I feel sorry for the people with older Hoppers that get the upgrade.

Let's not forget the bug that shows the tv show being paused without you pausing it (right at the point of recorded and live)....when you press play button it does not un-pause the show but rather resets the pause timer. You can't get out of this loop. Pressing live tv doesn't work....skip back doesn't work. If you rewind the show plays until that point again. Rinse and repeat!

If you press info...the show shows recording. If you look in the DVR list, it isn't being record.

Come on Dish....fix these bugs!!!! The new Hopper interface is a POS. Bug ridden mess.

FYI, I'm not seeing a lot of what you wrote about, what I am seeing are minor irritations at best that certainly don't deserve a 2 post 'rant' complete with wild exagerations.

That aside, nothing in this life is perfect and I for one am glad I didn't have to wait another 6 months for my H3. :)

We had this problem last night. I had to stop the play back and waited until the show was completely recorded to watch it . Resume was not there and we had to fast forward to where we left off.

Let's not forget the bug that shows the tv show being paused without you pausing it (right at the point of recorded and live)....when you press play button it does not un-pause the show but rather resets the pause timer. You can't get out of this loop. Pressing live tv doesn't work....skip back doesn't work. If you rewind the show plays until that point again. Rinse and repeat!

If you press info...the show shows recording. If you look in the DVR list, it isn't being record.

Come on Dish....fix these bugs!!!! The new Hopper interface is a POS. Bug ridden mess.

I too am having this exact issue. Really annoys us when the transition into the 11 pm news messes up and the only way to fix the pause loop is to change the channel. At that time, we lose the first few minutes of the news. This happens even if what we are watching was live (not selected from DVR page). I have not tried turning off PT Anytime yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)