Hopper 3 - Turning on To Home Screen Annoyance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
When turning on the H# it always goes to the "home" screen. Does anyone know of a setting to turn it on to TV instead. It's very annoying. 4K Joey goes right to TV.

Thanks
Jay

Reactions: avediswolf
Agree 100% that is unneeded and annoying. Unfortunately we are stuck with it. There is no way to turn off that "feature" on the H3. Luckily the Joeys were not infected with this "feature" yet.

Did I mention it was unneeded and annoying? Not sure...I may have said that in a post or three already. Dish...are you listening yet? ;)

Pull up the Logitech software on your PC

Select your current TV watching activity that includes the H3

Rerun the Activity Wizard and confirm each step

At the end check the selection that says yes, all is good, but I want more control

Confirm each step until the last screen

Add an additional command to the start of the Activity

Select the Hopper and as the command LiveTV or Cancel

Save the settings

Update Remote

From now on every time you start the Activity, the remote turns on everything as usual, but additionally sends the LiveTV or Cancel command, so by the time your TV shows a picture, the home screen is already clicked away for you and you will be greeted with the channel you last watched when you turned it off.

Reactions: Tron2012 and DWS44
...From now on every time you start the Activity, the remote turns on everything as usual, but additionally sends the LiveTV or Cancel command, so by the time your TV shows a picture, the home screen is already clicked away for you and you will be greeted with the channel you last watched when you turned it off.

Hmmm, never thought of that. I do have a Harmony and will check this out. Thank you.

Reactions: ralfyguy
I actually have mine tune to channel 478. You either get no content, the HD-programming-will-return-later smooth-Jazz, or Baseball. Basically the least abrasive programming you could possible start your TV to.

Agree with this annoyance. Hopefully they can either remove it or have it as an option so those of us that don't like it can turn it off.

Reactions: avediswolf
I asked the same thing. I have my Xbox One turn everything on, then can use it to change channels, etc. but I always have to pick up the dish remote and get it off that damn "Home" screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)