Hopper 3 U500 Update Is Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think that's really it. (besides a few bug fixes)
That is all I am seeing too. Tested the two OTA tuners several times and they are working great. Don't see any changes for the 40.0 remote control color button's shortcuts. I will post the shortcut list later on if you still want it for the Sticky threads.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Did a quick check on my 4K Joey and no change in the Firmware (yet) I forced a reset on the Hopper 3 so we'll see what that brings...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does a jump that big usually indicate a major update?
Yes, at least in the past it did. It typically meant some new features vs bug fixes. Imagine the s/w version with decimal points:

U 3.4.8 >> U 3.4.9 = minor update, probably a bug fix that users never even encounter
U 3.4.9 >> U 5.0.0 = normally would indicate a 'major' change

I would hope at least that glitches users run into are fixed. Just because it's not a new 'button' or menu in a screen somewhere.

No sign of the true "dark" color scheme or theme that was available a year ago for a short time ? Speaking of that, did the H3 have a "black" theme at one time ? Not this dark grey theme it currently uses.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Did a quick check on my 4K Joey and no change in the Firmware (yet)
From the Hopper, press "HOME" three times (?) to get the System Info screen. I think it says "Available software" and it lists 5-6 numbers. They are, in rough order, for the Joey 1, Joey 2, and so on. The Joey 1 is "U1xx", the Joey 2 is "U2xx", the 4K Joey is "U4xx", etc. The wireless Joey s/w starts with a "W".

Will be interesting to see what they do once they get up to "U199", "U299", and so on.

I have received word for those who want dual tuner OTA support on their Hopper with Sling that you can download the new software by going into the tools menu and then selecting the update software button.

They are not pushing it out yet to the HWS as they are still rolling out the new UI updates to those with the Hopper with Sling. (Note if you don't have the new UI yet this will update you to the new UI as well.)

I now have the U235 version. It did not fix any of my EHD problems that I know they are supposed to be working on. I have the original OTA turner, so I do not think that I have two tuners anyway. They could have at least fixed this major EHD problem with U235, since I did not have before upgrading to the CUI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts