Hopper 3 U500 Update Is Here

I assume a new OTA dongle is required for two tuners?
Yes, the old one only had one tuner.

Does the new software support adding a channel to an OTA scan? Without that, OTA is virtually useless to me because I receive channels from 3 different directions and there is no way for me to scan them all in (because I have to rotate the antenna to the proper direction first).

There are (2) dongles out there. The single-tuner model, which has really limited availability (used is about your only option) and has been available for 3-4 years. The current model supports (2) OTA tuners. You can buy them from Dish Depot, Solid Signal, and I'm sure other places like eBay, Amazon, etc. Dish doesn't yet sell it directly.

I noticed that the Pop Up to Restart doesn't appear when you unplug or plug in an OTA module with this new version. You must manually restart the receiver when connecting or disconnecting the USB module now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
new.jpg

My current single tuner cost $30. New dual tuner would be $62. What if I were to plug in both?
lol

I noticed that the Pop Up to Restart doesn't appear when you unplug or plug in an OTA module with this new version. You must manually restart the receiver when connecting or disconnecting the USB module now.
When I installed the OTA adapter in both my HWSs I didn't have to do anything. It was like a plug n play. I was surprised.

Reactions: JSheridan
Not sure what's going on but I am having more problems than I have in a very long time: First, I woke up to find many recordings that happened over night in at least 6 pieces - more in a lot of cases. Now it is randomly changing channels. I'll be watching a recording, and it will flip to something "live". When I try to play a recording (whether old or new) I get a black screen. Same thing with "live" channels. It's actually kind of difficult to describe what is happening, but in a nutshell, my "Dish" is mostly unwatchable. Restarts/Reboots have been ineffective. There was a time when I actually looked forward to "updates"!

Not sure what's going on but I am having more problems than I have in a very long time: First, I woke up to find many recordings that happened over night in at least 6 pieces - more in a lot of cases. Now it is randomly changing channels. I'll be watching a recording, and it will flip to something "live". When I try to play a recording (whether old or new) I get a black screen. Same thing with "live" channels. It's actually kind of difficult to describe what is happening, but in a nutshell, my "Dish" is mostly unwatchable. Restarts/Reboots have been ineffective. There was a time when I actually looked forward to "updates"!
Sounds like you need a young priest,an old priest and some blessed water. Say: In the name of Jesus, I command you!:amen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts