Hopper 3 U516

As part of the continuing improvement of DISH products, receiver software updates are periodically released. Beginning 5/11/18, a new software version will be deployed to all models of Hopper and Wally.
The updated software will deploy to new and existing installations.

May software release details:

• Preparation for Google assistant functionality
    • Google assistant will be enabled at a future date
  • Improvements to movies for purchase functionality
  • Improvements to timer functionality for Prime Time Anytime sports event recording

Reactions: pattykay
“... Beginning 5/11/18, a new software version will be deployed to all models of Hopper and Wally....”

Based on experience, this is one of the most frightening statements there is.

Please post here what it breaks.

I gather there’s still no fix for playing off a second Hopper.

“... Beginning 5/11/18, a new software version will be deployed to all models of Hopper and Wally....”

Based on experience, this is one of the most frightening statements there is.

Please post here what it breaks.

I gather there’s still no fix for playing off a second Hopper.
You are correct, no fix for playing off a second Hopper.

Got software version U516 downloaded to both my Hopper 3s. Transceiver Firmware did not change, still 0012. Also, the remote Hopper playback issue is still there. Guess it will be repaired next update.

I have an inter-shore dry transportation facilitation structure that you may be interested in purchasing.

;)
:oldwink

I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U516. I observed the following:
1) Netflix now reports the correct Internet address on my remote Hopper3 which uses Moca for the internet connection. Prior to this software update, Netflix would report the network address as 169.254.92.182 and all four Netflix servers would show as not connected. This prevented me from viewing 4K content on my one Hopper3 receiver. With the new software up the network displays the correct network address of 192.168.1.21 and all of the Netflix servers connect. The 4K titles now show up and play correctly.
2) Trick play (skip back, rewind, pause, stop) still are broken for the remote Hopper3. I am still anxiously waiting for them to fix this. Scott reports that they are still testing the fix.
3) Accessing programs stored on external drives still requires two attempts.
4) Google assistant is now included. I did not test this.
5) Watching on OTA channel on a Joey2 without first tuning the Hopper3 to an OTA channel still has a lot of pixelation.
6) I did not see any other changes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U516. I observed the following:
1) Netflix now reports the correct Internet address on my remote Hopper3 which uses Moca for the internet connection. Prior to this software update, Netflix would report the network address as 169.254.92.182 and all four Netflix servers would show as not connected. This prevented me from viewing 4K content on my one Hopper3 receiver. With the new software up the network displays the correct network address of 192.168.1.21 and all of the Netflix servers connect. The 4K titles now show up and play correctly.
2) Trick play (skip back, rewind, pause, stop) still are broken for the remote Hopper3. I am still anxiously waiting for them to fix this. Scott reports that they are still testing the fix.
3) Accessing programs stored on external drives still requires two attempts.
4) Google assistant is now included. I did not test this.
5) Watching on OTA channel on a Joey2 without first tuning the Hopper3 to an OTA channel still has a lot of pixelation.
6) I did not see any other changes.

Can you do a speed test thru the Hopper Netflix app?

The Hopper3 connection speed is 112.978 Mbps. The Netflix connection speed is 18.38 Mbps. Although the Reported Netflix speed is much lower, all of the Netflix servers show as connected and 4K content plays fine.
Prior to this software update, the Hopper3 that was not directly wired to my home network but received the network by Moca would not show 4K content.
My Joey2 still shows the wrong network address in the Netflix app.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Hopper3 connection speed is 112.978 Mbps. The Netflix connection speed is 18.38 Mbps. Although the Reported Netflix speed is much lower, all of the Netflix servers show as connected and 4K content plays fine.
Prior to this software update, the Hopper3 that was not directly wired to my home network but received the network by Moca would not show 4K content.
My Joey2 still shows the wrong network address in the Netflix app.

Thanks for checking the speed. Looks like the Hopper Netflix app speed is still slow. MattG is looking in to the issue. My Hopper 3 is hard wired and sometimes I don't get the 4K content list until I reboot the Hopper. My Hopper 3 speed is 256.239 Mbps, Hopper Netflix app is 19.41, and my LG TV Netflix app is 93.53.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)