Hopper 3 U516

What bug are you referencing. The only DVR problem I have is the trick play on a remote hopper which broke when the U510 software update was introduced.

Isn’t that sufficient?

We can surely give up on 4X FF and rolling over timer settings when the first Hopper has all tuners occupied.

Thank you for checking. It was there the other night, but is missing from mine now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It's a glitch. The fix, if you have one, is to plug a bluetooth adapter into one of the USB ports and it'll show back up. I know, I know, not every has adapters laying around. Otherwise it'll probably show back up after an overnight update

New dual hopper problem. Can’t pause the playback of a program being viewed on a remote hopper. It used to work despite the other dual hopper problems introduced with the previous software release. This just gets worse. Thanks alot DISH.

I get that in order to USE Google Assistant with Dish, I would need to “pair” my Hooper 3 with my iPhone(s), etc.. And since we don’t use Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri, etc. on any of our iPhones, Macs, etc.. that won’t happen.

But it is not so clear whether there will be a connection between my Hopper 3 and Google (or Amazon) even if if I do not actually USE Google Assistant (or Alexa). Clearly Dish Anywhere knows a lot about my Hopper 3, including its IP address, DRV Recordings, Timers, etc. How much, if any of this data does Dish share with Google or Amazon?

I’m not trying to start a conspiracy theory or suggest that Google or Amazon are snooping on Dish Subscriber’s viewing habits/preferences. I’m just curious whether Dish has made any statement about sharing subscriber data with Google / Amazon as part of their business relationships.
There's nothing to worry about. They're just going to listen to everything going on in your house through the mic in the voice remote and send it to Google, which is really the government. They already do this with your smartphone.
Sleep tight :eek:

Last edited:
The trick play from a second Hopper bug is still there, however I am hearing a fix is being tested now. This one is harder for them to test as only a small amount of testers have a 2 hopper setup.

They should let some of us with multiple Hopper’s help test the new firmware if that’s part of the hold up.

We’ve effectively been beta testers anyway :)

There's nothing to worry about. They're just going to listen to everything going on in your house through the mic in the voice remote and send it to Google, which is really the government. They already do this with your smartphone.
Sleep tight :eek:
So the activity on my Hopper 3 at 3AM is to cover the surveillance data being uploaded to the Google/NSA Death Star and erasing the hidden Hopper 3 memory. BTW I’m not worried because we don’t have a Dish voice remote and we keep our iPhones wrapped in tinfoil :eeek

Ota recording of American Idol was rock solid tonight. Not use to not having a few hiccups and some pixelation, hope this is fixed and not just a fluke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts