Hopper 3 Update

Is there some email address for Dish that I can send to where they can confirm this issue has been solved? If I call, I'm sure they will say anything to get me to sign up. I'd rather have an email confirmation.

With the satellite business contracting, I don't see that there may ever be a Hopper4.

What could they do to improve the receiver that would be cost effective in light of how this business model is going?

The H3 is still the best receiver there is for HD, even 4K, satellite reception.

Engineering and building a better receiver would be expensive and probably not stop the subscriber slide, so it would be a futile effort.

My H3 does everything I need it to do, with a few exceptions that could be resolved with software improvements.

We would all like a larger hard drive, but we can archive that which we wish to save to an EHD now and play it whenever we wish.

I'm sure several will come up with "gotta have" hardware improvements, but the universe of users for their idea is probably insignificant.

Reactions: charlesrshell
But what about all the money that Charlies 5G is going to bring in that could support a new Hopper4 that has a 5G receiver in it . . .

Reactions: TheKrell
Hmmm. That is a possibility. But I still think he told us the truth: It’s for IoT.

Of course, times change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. That is a possibility. But I still think he told us the truth: It’s for IoT.

Of course, times change.

Hopper with Google Assistant that can control my lights and try to answer my questions and try to find things for me to watch on Youtube isn't an IoT device?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)