Hopper ‘channel-less’ timer?

Discussion in 'DISH Network Support Forum' started by Yespage, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Yespage

Yespage Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter

My MIL wants to create a timer on her Hopper 1 that isn’t stuck to a channel like Dishpass (I think) on the 722k. She doesn’t think it can be done.

In other words she wants a timer to search for programs with a specific term in the title, regardless of the channel.

Is this possible?

2. TheKrell

TheKrell A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV. Pub Member / Supporter

I created one by accident, but alas I don't remember what I did. I thought I had set the timer for WETA (local Washington PBS), but it kept recording MPT (out of Annapolis) instead and that's why.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Use the "Search" feature to find the show you want to record by entering a partial name until you get a match. Select the match to set the recording parameters (only new, etc) and it should show up in the timer listings as "Seek", meaning it will be recorded no matter which or how many channels it's shown on. Be careful with popular syndicated shows though, you can collect a lot of them if you don't set a reasonable count limit. I use the "Seek" feature on our Hopper2 to record network programs on the frequently changing local channels as we move our RV from campground to campground so I don't have to constantly reset them.

wormil, TheKrell, Yespage and 2 others like this.
  4. JSheridan

JSheridan Full Time Resident Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Using the 'Record All' button on the show you want from the search results screen does it. :)

Yespage and NYDutch like this.
  5. Yespage

Yespage Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter

Looking to record a subject, not a particular program.

6. ChadT41

ChadT41 THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN

Don’t think you can do a subject anymore. I believe it has been relegated to actors name, or program title. For instance, I set one up for my wife to record allDavid Bowie.

Separate names with a comma.

More...