HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Official release will be h3 and 5 joeys for standard Installation. A sixth Joey has to be approved through the executive resolutions team. 4k joeys come with 40.0 remote so far. Joey 2.0 and hopper3 come with the 52.0 as will the Wally. This has been physically verified. I have all of these in my inventory. So it looks like the arguments are a tie. Congratulations everyone is a winner!!!!

My Joey software version is S487. They seem just as fast as the Hopper, which led me to believe they could be the 2.0. However on my DISH account, under "My Equipment", the model is listed as Joey 1.0.
I see there's a new way to get the info and you've confirmed that you do in fact already have a Joey 2.

Yes, the info at My Account at Dish's website isn't 100% accurate.

Official release will be h3 and 5 joeys for standard Installation. A sixth Joey has to be approved through the executive resolutions team. 4k joeys come with 40.0 remote so far. Joey 2.0 and hopper3 come with the 52.0 as will the Wally. This has been physically verified. I have all of these in my inventory. So it looks like the arguments are a tie. Congratulations everyone is a winner!!!!

I don't understand the need for there to be an executive resolution needed to have 6th Joey. Oh well, we all know it's made to support 6 Joeys at least.

You argued that it "won't work", that is, (6) Joeys. That's wrong.

Reactions: JSheridan
I don't understand the need for there to be an executive resolution needed to have 6th Joey. Oh well, we all know it's made to support 6 Joeys at least.
Dish'n It Up allows (6) "leased receivers" on an account max. (1) Hopper 3 + (6) Joeys exceeds that limit.... ;) Therefore it needs approval to exceed Dish's normal business rules.

Never said it wouldn't work, I said it wouldn't be allowed. I'm sure it will work with as many as you want. The real question was how many would be allowed at launch. So I was wrong for the most part. But its just like when the hopper came out. They would only allow 2 hoppers on an account at first. Then later they created a hop team working with the executive resolutions team to allow more than 2 hoppers. This will go the same way. Hopefully allowing for more joeys on a single hopper3 in the future.

Dish'n It Up allows (6) "leased receivers" on an account max. (1) Hopper 3 + (6) Joeys exceeds that limit.... ;) Therefore it needs approval to exceed Dish's normal business rules.
Yup, but as everyone said all along, the hopper 3 supports 6 joeys. Just need permission to have 7 tvs in one home

Hopefully allowing for more joeys on a single hopper3 in the future.
As of now, is there a technical limit ? I don't know sh*t about MOCA, to be honest. What if someone BUYS (10) Joeys ? Will it work ? You don't even have to get them activated to test this as they'll receive channels 100, etc, etc without activation.

Speaking of which, on the new UI, the old method for placing the joeys in exception mode doesn't work. Does anyone on here know the new method, or if exception mode is still available with the new UI?

To find out what joeys you have, on your hopper press, menu, settings, diagnostics, system status, linked joeys, MOCA summary.

All joeys on my account are displayed as Joey 1.0 on mydish.com

View attachment 113100
Looks like my Moca list.
One CR that works great with S487
And another POS that runs on S395 that Dish and Dirt keeps avoiding on resolving by not answering emails or ordering a replacement.

Just the same old Generic message.
It's a Know issue and we're working on it.

Is there not still a 2TB limit on EHD size?
Yes. But as noted, that 4TB unit in RAID 1 mode is actually 2TB of storage. Tempting, very tempting. But I have so many already....

And, IIRC, initially only one Hopper was allowed.

I was wondering about the remotes for the joeys. Glad they're going to be the same as the h3.

Do you know if cat5 can feed a single Joey off the h3 Ethernet port?

No official word, but I'm sure it will work. The WAP and WiFi joeys will be used with the h3 so it has the ability. As soon as I install mine I will be trying everything known to man to help me with trouble shooting customers systems.

Reactions: stardust3
I was wondering about the remotes for the joeys. Glad they're going to be the same as the h3.
Just as I've mentioned about the user interface, everything in the same "family" should be consistent, be it the UI, remotes, etc.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

So who is going to be the first to place an order for the hopper 3 and who will get the first one installed ? Should be a fun next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)