HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Never said it wouldn't work, I said it wouldn't be allowed. I'm sure it will work with as many as you want. The real question was how many would be allowed at launch. So I was wrong for the most part. But its just like when the hopper came out. They would only allow 2 hoppers on an account at first. Then later they created a hop team working with the executive resolutions team to allow more than 2 hoppers. This will go the same way. Hopefully allowing for more joeys on a single hopper3 in the future.

Here's exactly where you said it wouldn't work.

Trust me, it will be five joeys. Dreaming about more doesn't make it happen. You split the moca too much and you end up with a lot of issues.

You are still diminishing your credibility, if there's any left to diminish.

I do some work for a local retailer. Gonna call the distributor Monday am and see if I can place an order, am excited about the H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here's exactly where you said it wouldn't work.

You are still diminishing your credibility, if there's any left to diminish.
Didn't I also say they might have to develop a different hub? I am still standing by the fact that I never said the hopper3 wasn't capable of adding more joeys. As far as the sixth one, two 3ways would probably work. But the reliability would be questionable. You can post half quotes all day long, and try to "diminish" my credibility. It's not making you cool bro. Did I not already admit that I was wrong? Get off your high horse. The fact remains...... 5 joeys will be the standard. 6 will need approval. Both parties had their glory/misconceptions on this. I admired my fault.... Where you at?

Didn't I also say they might have to develop a different hub? I am still standing by the fact that I never said the hopper3 wasn't capable of adding more joeys. As far as the sixth one, two 3ways would probably work. But the reliability would be questionable. You can post half quotes all day long, and try to "diminish" my credibility. It's not making you cool bro. Did I not already admit that I was wrong? Get off your high horse. The fact remains...... 5 joeys will be the standard. 6 will need approval. Both parties had their glory/misconceptions on this. I admired my fault.... Where you at?
I think the problem lies in how you basically came in, told everyone they are wrong and that anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Kind of rubs people the wrong way, especially when these guys you spoke this way to are highly knowledgeable, and well respected members of the community with plenty of credibility. From the outside looking in as everything was posted, you definitely came across as saying it's not possible to do more than 5. That was the argument all along, and as you admitted, they're right. Leave it alone, you're not doing yourself any favors right now demanding people admit their fault. Nobody stated that it wouldn't require dish approval for a 6th, that was never part of the debate.

Reactions: Foxbat

That quote was your post bro. It was not a half quote. You said ' to trust you' that it wouldn't work because of 'MoCA issues' and then you chose to add the comment that 'dreaming about it won't make it happen'. That was arrogant and condescending as well as insulting to people who really know what they're talking about.

And here's what I said:

I'd bet that all this is because Dish probably plans to offer 'up to 6 TV's free' which would be the 'standard configuration', with another one maybe available for purchase.

They try to keep it simple for their techs.

One of us was wrong and it wasn't me.

You get here 2 weeks ago with a fancy truck pic bragging about how much you know and you're gonna teach all us ignorant rubes all about Dish, right? Wrong. Some of us have been installing satellite dishes since probably before you were born, literally. You've chosen to represent Dish here and be some kind of spokesperson. The bare minimum you should do is provide accurate information, which you've not done. And you should do it without being a condescending smart a__. You're actually embarrassing yourself and by extension, Dish.

I have too much respect for Scott and this forum to go on with you any further. I have never used the ignore feature on this forum but I think I might have to start now.

Sorry for being condescending. I was truly convinced I was right(obviously) I guess I'm just used to a different crowd of people just spouting out all there wishes as fact. It hard to determine who on here has knowledge and who is bluffing. To set the record straight, Scott pm'd me and put me in my place about the 6 joeys. However he was a lot more tactful about it than some of you. I deserve to be laughed at for my lack of correct info. But damn! You guys are ruthless. I like it! A person tends to get arrogant when they are convinced they have the truth and for that I am sorry. I will make sure anything else I post will be done after physical evidence has been presented to me, or came upon by personal experience. The last thing I want to do is to sound like the dumb/smart guy. I still really believe I can be of benefit to this site. Learn a lot and probably still offer info that you don't have.

Good rule of thumb... Sit back and read those who are sounding like they know a lot. When you back read their posts, you can tell who is who. I worked for Dish once upon a time too, and I have said it in the past, I learned more here than there. JSheridan is one of the guys I would trust on here, in addition to Scott and a few others. A quick(terrible) way to decide if you should trust the credibility of someone as well, is pull up their page. If they are on the higher end of likes, they likely have some insight.

Ok guys... unless something changes here is how it is going to work...

I will be starting a new thread on Monday at noon. People who are interested in upgrading to a Hopper 3 system will be able to post a message in the thread that they are interested in upgrading... This list will then become a waiting list with first come first served.

Once DISH opens up their systems for Hopper 3 upgrades the DIRT Team will then start contacting people from the thread in the order they are posted by Private Message. I am told that DISH will try to have extra staff available, but I do expect it to take awhile to get through the list. When a DIRT member contact a member they will click like on their post so you and the other DIRT members know that the user has been served.

Remember the DIRT Team can not do anything until upgrades are available in their systems. So please be patient and understand that once available DISH will do their best to keep you a Happy DISH customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)