HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Scott Greczkowski - I didn't see your name on the waiting list ;)
Scott doesn't use such pedestrian methods for contacting Dish...He's got his own direct line...
phonearticle.jpg

What site has them for that? Considering all that I ordered, I got a REALLY good deal from DishDepot. It was good enough that it will benefit me to stay out of contract and pay for it myself by getting some discounts from Dish to stay.
I won't "plug" the site but you are looking at the place I was thinking of. Someone above (this post) said they're $279, not $249 though - my mistake. I think I was thinking of the original Hopper or Hopper w/Sling at $249.

Those who have received tracking numbers, can you please try tracking your package to see if it has actually left the dealer your purchased them from? I have a feeling the shipping labels with the tracking numbers have been printed but nothing has actually shipped yet.

Let me know what you find.
Yea for now it's just the label being generated. But I'll be refreshing maniacally throughout the day, and updating if it moves, lol.

Yea for now it's just the label being generated. But I'll be refreshing maniacally throughout the day, and updating if it moves, lol.
Please let us know! :D I don't blame Mark at DishDepot for getting all his ducks in order before the receivers arrive. :D

With high volume shippers, packages often don't get scanned until late in the day when they are unloaded from the truck and move into the UPS "hub". My UPS driver doesn't scan each individual package that he picks up from us - we don't see anything until 8-9pm at night.

Reactions: thomasjk
4K Joeys will not ship until the Hopper 3 starts shipping.
Someone told me the 4K Joeys are delayed (again). Likely reason is that the Carbon UI isn't up-to-speed for the Hopper w/Sling models. Also, if you order a 4K Joey and have an original Hopper, it will be replaced with a Hopper w/Sling. The second part is definitely believable too as it appears the Carbon UI for original Hoppers is way behind. The "play-play-recall" trick didn't work on those either.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
I have not heard anything about the 4K Joey being delayed, as it has been ready to go for awhile now. However you might be correct on those getting a 4K Joey getting upgraded to a Hopper with Sling. I hear with the carbon UI its a much more pleasant experience. :)

Nothing wrong with the 4K Joeys, but they need the software from the Hopper. Now, if someone has a Hopper 3 and wants a 4K Joey, they should be good to go. But if the customer doesn't have or want a Hopper 3, it won't (currently) work with their Hopper w/Sling.

Reactions: Rixos
And I am guessing you didn't see that I pre announced when I was going to be putting up the waiting list?

I tried my best to make it fair to all. :)
Whats funny is I check the forums once every 24 hours based on email for watching this thread. I just added myself to the waiting list which is post #264 but the watching email notification e-mail for this thread only gets sent once if the next new post comes after I last visit regardless how many new posts comes in. Normally, it's only 1-2 pages of new posts. With today's, the first new post was on page 33 and the thread has 41 pages total which meant there was 9 pages of new posts at 20 posts per page or 180 new posts in the 24 hours alone! I am in no hurry for the Hopper 3, just wanted to see how long it takes for DIRT to go through the 262 requests before mines as post #1 is the announcement for the thread and ofcourse read about any problems or tips from those 262 person(s). :)

Last edited:
With high volume shippers, packages often don't get scanned until late in the day when they are unloaded from the truck and move into the UPS "hub". My UPS driver doesn't scan each individual package that he picks up from us - we don't see anything until 8-9pm at night.

Interesting, what happens if the UPS driver loses one of the packages, are they still liable if the package wasn't even scanned since it would be hard to prove you actually gave them that specific package.

Whats funny is I check the forums once every 24 hours based on email for watching this thread. I just added myself to the waiting list which is post #264 but the watching email notification e-mail for this thread only gets sent once if the next new post comes after I last visit regardless how many new posts comes in. Normally, it's only 1-2 pages of new posts. With today's, the first new post was on page 33 and the thread has 41 pages total which meant there was 8 pages of new posts in the 24 hours alone! I am in no hurry for the Hopper 3, just wanted to see how long it takes for DIRT to go through the 262 requests before mines as post #1 is the announcement for the thread and ofcourse read about any problems or tips from those 262 person(s). :)
Maybe the loophole is these are Free upgrades.

Reactions: Almighty1
Could be but I mean this thread had 180 new posts in 24 hours.... The other thread had 262 new posts since it started which was less than 24 hours ago, didn't check when it was started. I wouldn't have expected this thread to grow at a rapid rate when it's not even the waiting list.
Well what's funny if this thing is released, I wonder if there would be any benifit in waiting for dirt to get to your number, rather then picking up the phone and making the call yourself.?

Obviously I can wait, But can the others in the 100s and up?

Reactions: Ngamtns706
Interesting, what happens if the UPS driver loses one of the packages, are they still liable if the package wasn't even scanned since it would be hard to prove you actually gave them that specific package.
Of course they are - it's called "trust". Many places ship dozens or hundreds of packages daily. Some places have a UPS semi-trailer in their dock and the "driver" never even looks at the packages, let alone hand-scan each one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts