HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I put them in the same group of clowns who go shopping on Thanksgiving day and Black Friday morning. For some it's just fun and exciting.
Those people are not very smart you can easily buy what you want before black friday and then use your credit card for price protection to get the difference back

Those people are not very smart you can easily buy what you want before black friday and then use your credit card for price protection to get the difference back

Yep, but for some people it's fun. I have some friends that do it. They have a group that gets together and they have a game plan. I can see why some would do it as a group for fun but I hate large groups of people way too much.

Anyone knows how WiFi connectivity is handled on the Hopper 3? Is it internal or does it still require a dongle like the Hopper 2k?
I believe you are thinking about the Joeys. The new 4K Joey will not have built in connectivity, IIRC.

I think you guys are too nice in trying to protect the retailer and the distributor. If they sent them out early before they were supposed to, it's on them. Go ahead and try to activate them. If they get into trouble it is their own fault.

That would actually be the last of my worries. What is more concerning is DISH decides not to release the product and basically all those who bought it from the retailer/distributor would have paid a huge chunk of change for a useless brick unless the vendor is going to give 100% of the money back and also pay for returning shipping expenses.

No, he is correct. The Hopper 2K did not have built in wifi and needed a Wifi Dongle if you didn't have a way to feed it by ethernet. The HWS and Hopper3 have it built in....
Thanks for the answer to that one. I never knew if the HWS had it built in or not since I never physically seen a HWS box yet or any other DISH box for that matter. Seems like everyone here as in San Francisco s on Comcast.

That would actually be the last of my worries. What is more concerning is DISH decides not to release the product and basically all those who bought it from the retailer/distributor would have paid a huge chunk of change for a useless brick unless the vendor is going to give 100% of the money back and also pay for returning shipping expenses.
I don't think that is going to happen. There has to be several thousand units already in distributor channels. Dish/EchoStar has spent millions of dollars worth of R&D, the product is being manufactured already, they are NOT not going to release a product that is this close to launch. It is not like it is a prototype that was shown at CES.

Reactions: Ngamtns706
While we're waiting I thought these diagrams might help with the excitement and frustration some of us have. At least me anyways. :)

1st of all these aren't my creation, credit can be given to an individual who provides updates and info to retailers. We'll leave that person un-named but give him a big kudos. :thumbup

2 Hoppers and 1 Joey.JPG
118 Hopper with 2 Joeys.JPG
DP 500+ with 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys.JPG
Hopper with 2 Joeys and 1 Super Joey with a dph tap.JPG
Hopper with 2 Joeys Wa with wing dish hybird.JPG
Hopper with 2 Joeys.JPG
Hopper with 3 Joeys.JPG
Hopper with Joey and 1 Super Joey.JPG

Keep in mind with those wiring diagrams that they are not all Hopper 3 solutions. Some of those are Hopper 1 and 2 only configurations. Dish posted those diagrams today of different wiring diagrams for the Hybrid LNB so it includes a lot of different configurations, some are for the Hopper 3 and some are not. Make sure to read closely.

While we're waiting I thought these diagrams might help with the excitement and frustration some of us have. At least me anyways. :)

1st of all these aren't my creation, credit can be given to an individual who provides updates and info to retailers. We'll leave that person un-named but give him a big kudos. :thumbup

View attachment 113260 View attachment 113261 View attachment 113262 View attachment 113263 View attachment 113264 View attachment 113265 View attachment 113266 View attachment 113267
Well according to these schematics I don't need to worry about the coax from the dish to the hopper having to be 3 GHZ. So the RG6 2,300 MHZ sweep tested I ran under the siding years ago should be fine. The only line that might have to be replaced is the line from hub to Hopper, which is easy to do, since it just hangs off the ceiliing in my basement.

Well according to these schematics I don't need to worry about the coax from the dish to the hopper having to be 3 GHZ. So the RG6 2,300 MHZ sweep tested I ran under the siding years ago should be fine. The only line that might have to be replaced is the line from hub to Hopper, which is easy to do, since it just hangs off the ceiliing in my basement.

Some will argue that it needs replaced, but IMO I would let it ride unless it's a problem.

My guess is most of us won't use the h3 to its full capacity with all 16 tuners in use at 1 time. If that were the case it may or may not cause intermittent issues with cable rated under 3 ghz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)