HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

My guess is most of us won't use the h3 to its full capacity with all 16 tuners in use at 1 time. If that were the case it may or may not cause intermittent issues with cable rated under 3 ghz.

Huh? The Hybrid LNB specs that I've seen say it uses up to 2.2 GHz. AFAIK the tuners all run on MoCA which is pretty low frequency.

Dish requires 3GHz wire be used in all installs, which is what we and all other authorized installers use. With that said, H1's and H2's require 3GHz between the node and the Hopper, 2.2GHz from the dish to the node. Hybrid's require 2.2GHz all the way from the dish to the receiver.

Huh? The Hybrid LNB specs that I've seen say it uses up to 2.2 GHz. AFAIK the tuners all run on MoCA which is pretty low frequency.

Dish requires 3GHz wire be used in all installs, which is what we and all other authorized installers use. With that said, H1's and H2's require 3GHz between the node and the Hopper, 2.2GHz from the dish to the node. Hybrid's 2.2GHz all the way.

Thanks, I haven't looked at it that close. I need to pay more attention...lol

Reactions: JSheridan
Well when the installer comes to my house and does not wanna use the existing coax under my siding then I'll just keep my 722. That would be from the dish to the hub. The rest is easy to replace.

The user is welcome to come back after they time is up. If you want to read what happened as it happened start here. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3806361/

And here is my explanation of things after I had to unfortunately ban him. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3806503/

And that is that.
Good move Scott to post the links. I was figuring I wasn't the only one was wondering what this was all about.....you're really getting masterful at this....Jedi mind reading sh...!:p

Actually you have to have A Lot of patience with Dish.

After all we still don't have New UI.
My guess is that the new UI is why the hopper3 is being pushed back. We are receiving another update the new UI tonight to test. I don't think they had planned on releasing the new UI to the public until hopper3 launch. There are still some bugs in the UI so hopefully tonight's update has the fixes. **fingers crossed**

Reactions: Troch77
All of my house has RG6 wire. So will this be compatible with the Hopper 3?
That all depends on the rating... Some rg6 out there is only sweep tested to 1000 mhz. In which case, it would not be compatible. As long as your hopper has a 3ghz line from the hub, and 2.2ghz to the dish, you will be fine. In previous training, they said the hopper3 would need 3ghz all the way through, but according to the diagrams previously posted, it is only needed from the hub to the hopper3.

My guess is that the new UI is why the hopper3 is being pushed back. We are receiving another update the new UI tonight to test. I don't think they had planned on releasing the new UI to the public until hopper3 launch. There are still some bugs in the UI so hopefully tonight's update has the fixes. **fingers crossed**

what version is this new software ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts