HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Non disclosure agreement.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2
like i said, not revealing specifics, just curious on if its running smoothly for those of you who have u202. i was not aware of an NDA. obviously we cant just throw it all out there. and it wouldnt be smart to give exact dates on anything, but predictions and or guesses are totally fine as far as i know. i just want to be as perpared as possible when it comes to installation and customer education when the time comes.

like i said, not revealing specifics, just curious on if its running smoothly for those of you who have u202. i was not aware of an NDA. obviously we cant just throw it all out there. and it wouldnt be smart to give exact dates on anything, but predictions and or guesses are totally fine as far as i know. i just want to be as perpared as possible when it comes to installation and customer education when the time comes.
Definitely much less buggy, and more complete than what we last had access to. The customization options for the guide are a nice touch, and at least the menus show we can now do Ethernet transfer (don't know if it actually works though). All in all, almost looks ready for prime time, very pleased

Reactions: BDWAGSTER
Huh? The Hybrid LNB specs that I've seen say it uses up to 2.2 GHz. AFAIK the tuners all run on MoCA which is pretty low frequency.

Dish requires 3GHz wire be used in all installs, which is what we and all other authorized installers use. With that said, H1's and H2's require 3GHz between the node and the Hopper, 2.2GHz from the dish to the node. Hybrid's require 2.2GHz all the way from the dish to the receiver.

Just as an FYI. If you have an internal tech out to do your install, and they are following the proper internal training and procedures, they will have to make sure it is a 3Ghz line from the lnbf to the hub and to the hopper. The old DPP system with nodes allowed for us to use 2250 to the node, but not the new system.

And for those of you who have a retailer/sub do the install, when you have problems and the retailer/sub refuses to come out to fix your problem or just stop answering your calls, and you call Dish Network to come out, the tech will have to make sure it's all 3Ghz cable.

Just so you aren't all surprised when you have the Dish technician out to your house.

Again, this is only coming from internal training documents, retailers/subs may have their own info they use, but it might not be the same for whatever reason.

Reactions: BDWAGSTER
I've got cable company coax running from my switch to my HWS what ever size it is,it looks a little smaller than what dish uses.Any idea what that would be rated?

I just Googled "dish hopper 3" and this is the first hit, http://www.dish.com/dig/technology/hopper-3-more-capabilities-fewer-conflicts/.

It has "Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi" listed as a feature.

URL not working for me...

SgxURvM.png

I don't think anyone was ever suggesting that H3s released early would NEVER be able to be activated...only that they may not be able to activate them before an official release date when final software is available for them.

I wasn't suggesting that either but what I am saying is what's the point of buying the H3 from someone when you can't even activate it until it's officially available from DISH anyways and besides, the box is cheaper from DISH, does the protection plan even cover boxes you purchase elsewhere or only boxes that were installed by DISH? I mean anything can happen or it gets delayed. Basically until it able to get activated, you would have a box that can't be used and also given money to someone else for the benefit of having the box.

I wasn't suggesting that either but what I am saying is what's the point of buying the H3 from someone when you can't even activate it until it's officially available from DISH anyways and besides, the box is cheaper from DISH, does the protection plan even cover boxes you purchase elsewhere or only boxes that were installed by DISH? I mean anything can happen or it gets delayed. Basically until it able to get activated, you would have a box that can't be used and also given money to someone else for the benefit of having the box.
The "boxes" are not cheaper from Dish. You are confusing upgrade cost with ownership. If you lease you end up with nothing of value in your hand. With an owned receiver, one can recoup some of ther cost by selling. Also, yes, protection plan DOES cover owned receivers. If I ever get an H3, I will probably purchase because, I hope, we will be moving sometime in the next year or so, and can not be for certain we would stay with Dish. So, no contracts for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobvick
This is Hopper 3 thread. Carbon UI has its own thread. Please don't cross-pollinate, makes things confusing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Just as an FYI. If you have an internal tech out to do your install, and they are following the proper internal training and procedures, they will have to make sure it is a 3Ghz line from the lnbf to the hub and to the hopper. The old DPP system with nodes allowed for us to use 2250 to the node, but not the new system.

And for those of you who have a retailer/sub do the install, when you have problems and the retailer/sub refuses to come out to fix your problem or just stop answering your calls, and you call Dish Network to come out, the tech will have to make sure it's all 3Ghz cable.

Just so you aren't all surprised when you have the Dish technician out to your house.

Again, this is only coming from internal training documents, retailers/subs may have their own info they use, but it might not be the same for whatever reason.

If you or your 'friend' that's supposed to be somebody else showed up at my house you'd be there about one minute before I sent you down the road. You wouldn't get anywhere near inside my house.

I believe that excuse gets many jobs blown off. "Sir/Mam I'm going to have to drill holes everywhere and wrap your house because you have unapproved cable" :eeek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)