HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Is Dish leaving the old hopper for us to transfer the recordings from? I thought I remember reading that there would be a way to make the transfers over your network connection.
Not yet. The Ethernet Hopper to H3 function has not yet been released.

Only option now is to transfer to an EHD. 2TB units are roughly $70 on sale. You may well get by with a smaller one, but won't save much money. I'd recommend only considering a self powered USB3 version.

I do t think the upgrade is the concern. I think the fact that he owns the other receiver and it would then be worthless to him if it is indeed a Joey 1.

Yeah. The DIRT rep swears it is a Joey 1.0, but all signs point to it being a Joey 2.0 (identified as JoeyCR in the MOCA Summary, S487 software, purchased in late 2015). He said if the upgrade goes through, it will be replaced with a leased Joey 2.0 or I can purchase a Joey 2.0 to use in the upgrade if I wish.

I'm thinking what I will wind up doing is putting the order through with the leased Joey 2.0, and then when the installer gets here, see if he will just install it with my owned Joey and keep the leased one. Or I could use the leased one for a month or two, cancel it, and then activate my owned one. Even if it does happen to be a Joey 1.0 (though I really don't think it is), Scott indicated they worked fine in his "Mini Hopper 3 Review" thread.

I guess my question about all this is "what's next?" Will there be a solve, or are we all the newest customers of DirecTV?

I believe there is already a fx in the world. Something with a switch or extra dish.

The other option is just sticking with the Hopper 2 and Joeys.

T
The Hopper 3 requires a new LNB and the new LNB does not work in your area. Therefore it is due to the new LNB.
Dang! Am I understanding this correctly? That Dish released a new Hopper (after lots of fanfare) that does NOT work immediately in SEATTLE?? So no one in the Seattle area has a working Hopper 3? I had no idea we lived in the "boonies"!

Reactions: WynsWrld98
T

Dang! Am I understanding this correctly? That Dish released a new Hopper (after lots of fanfare) that does NOT work immediately in SEATTLE?? So no one in the Seattle area has a working Hopper 3? I had no idea we lived in the "boonies"!

Well, maybe I spoke too soon - or there is conflicting info coming out of Dish itself: In the "Why No Hopper 3 for Me" thread, someone living in Seattle's northeast suburbs is supposed to have an install confirmed for this Wednesday. Hopefully that is true. I just couldn't imagine that what I;ve been reading was really true! Hey, I may do my share of griping and there may be some things I'm not happy with (oooohh.... he's different LOL) but I happen to LIKE Dish and have for quite a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah. The DIRT rep swears it is a Joey 1.0, but all signs point to it being a Joey 2.0 (identified as JoeyCR in the MOCA Summary, S487 software, purchased in late 2015). He said if the upgrade goes through, it will be replaced with a leased Joey 2.0 or I can purchase a Joey 2.0 to use in the upgrade if I wish.

I'm thinking what I will wind up doing is putting the order through with the leased Joey 2.0, and then when the installer gets here, see if he will just install it with my owned Joey and keep the leased one. Or I could use the leased one for a month or two, cancel it, and then activate my owned one. Even if it does happen to be a Joey 1.0 (though I really don't think it is), Scott indicated they worked fine in his "Mini Hopper 3 Review" thread.
Let them bring a new Joey. When the installer gets there, tell him he doesn't need it and show him the MOCA screen where it shows it's a Joey 2.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

At some point in the recent past, Dish added a more clear label/sticker to the Joey 2. If your Joey is more than 12 months old, you can't tell.

I have a question for you all. When the tech was at my house installing the H3, he had to replace my 1000.4 antenna for a 1000.2 antenna. When he left, he left the old antenna in my yard. Do I need to do anything with it?

I have a question for you all. When the tech was at my house installing the H3, he had to replace my 1000.4 antenna for a 1000.2 antenna. When he left, he left the old antenna in my yard. Do I need to do anything with it?

Target practice? :biggrin

Reactions: Almighty1
Hmm something messed up I call in to check on a upgrade and they want to charge $500 buck plus a $24 month commitment so something is wrong some where. Last time I upgraded it did not cost me anything but a 24 month commitment.

Hmm something messed up I call in to check on a upgrade and they want to charge $500 buck plus a $24 month commitment so something is wrong some where. Last time I upgraded it did not cost me anything but a 24 month commitment.

What equipment were you looking to get?

Just looking at upgrading my Hopper with Sling to the Hopper3 and a Joey 2.0 is all I think they have something messed up something which Dish has before.

I think the only fees they would charge is a $150 upgrade fee and a $95 tech visit fee. Nowhere near what they quoted you.

I think the only fees they would charge is a $150 upgrade fee and a $95 tech visit fee. Nowhere near what they quoted you.
Yeah I think Dish has something messed up with my account like they did several months back maybe I will try Dirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)