HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Thinking you may not qualify at all. That sounds like MSRP pricing. Not sure if Dish still does it that way with the different levels of qualification.

I know this is an odd question... is the H3 supposed to have a red record light like the prior Hoppers? I do not see it on mine.

Just got a response from a DIRT member, about an upgrade to a Hopper 3, that said, "Sorry for the delay in response. It shows that we are unable to upgrade your equipment at this time. Please check back in 48 hours to see if we are able to upgrade your equipment then." Has anyone gotten this response, and if so, what was the reason given. I asked, but wasn't given an answer.

Just got a response from a DIRT member, about an upgrade to a Hopper 3, that said, "Sorry for the delay in response. It shows that we are unable to upgrade your equipment at this time. Please check back in 48 hours to see if we are able to upgrade your equipment then." Has anyone gotten this response, and if so, what was the reason given. I asked, but wasn't given an answer.

Where do you live?

I would venture to guess there are behind the scenes system issues. Where it sees certain things on your account and says no when it should say yes. :) Let us know how you make out in 48 hours. :D

I would venture to guess there are behind the scenes system issues. Where it sees certain things on your account and says no when it should say yes. :) Let us know how you make out in 48 hours. :D
Just got a reply back stating Dish is having some issues with some accounts and a technical report is being submitted. Thanks LailaS

Just got a reply back stating Dish is having some issues with some accounts and a technical report is being submitted. Thanks LailaS
I was the Rhode Islander that had the problem, and was told on Sunday to wait for 48 hrs. Impatient me waited 24 and tried calling again late Monday. Explained right away to the CSR about the 'issue' and she worked through until the pop-up showed up, went on hold for a short while, then came back with a solution. Said there was some legacy info in the database regarding low power spot beams that was no longer applicable and somehow worked through it to finally schedule the upgrade. Went very smoothly today, and am now happily using the H3! Think I just got really lucky to get a great rep (believe her name was Precious).

I was the Rhode Islander that had the problem, and was told on Sunday to wait for 48 hrs. Impatient me waited 24 and tried calling again late Monday. Explained right away to the CSR about the 'issue' and she worked through until the pop-up showed up, went on hold for a short while, then came back with a solution. Said there was some legacy info in the database regarding low power spot beams that was no longer applicable and somehow worked through it to finally schedule the upgrade. Went very smoothly today, and am now happily using the H3! Think I just got really lucky to get a great rep (believe her name was Precious).

It sure would be nice if these CSRs and DIRTs would share info and get on the same page re: this "low beam issue". Is that too much to ask??

I have an H3 install scheduled for this afternoon. I have some questions about the Dish and Hybrid LNB. I see that the Hybrid LNB only works with the Dish 1000.2. I am in Arizona and had my latest system installed in May of last year. It looks like I have a Dish 1000.4 (I think). How do I know for sure which dish I have? Why does the hybrid LNB only work with 1000.2 if the 1000.4 is the latest model? (Seems like a step backwards?). I just want to make sure that the installer does not try to cram the new LNB on the wrong dish and I end up with problems. Thanks.

I have an H3 install scheduled for this afternoon. I have some questions about the Dish and Hybrid LNB. I see that the Hybrid LNB only works with the Dish 1000.2. I am in Arizona and had my latest system installed in May of last year. It looks like I have a Dish 1000.4 (I think). How do I know for sure which dish I have? Why does the hybrid LNB only work with 1000.2 if the 1000.4 is the latest model? (Seems like a step backwards?). I just want to make sure that the installer does not try to cram the new LNB on the wrong dish and I end up with problems. Thanks.

The 1000.2 is still a current model. The installer should be swapping out your dish and shouldn't be an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)