HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Got the installer here now and he has hooked two lines into the LNB, ran both into the house but only hooked one up to the hub. Now it won't do a check switch.
I understand that only one line is to be hooked to the lnb - can you tell me which port on the lnb the line needs to be hooked to?
We are on the Western arc - Thanks in advance for a quick reply!

Got the installer here now and he has hooked two lines into the LNB, ran both into the house but only hooked one up to the hub. Now it won't do a check switch.
I understand that only one line is to be hooked to the lnb - can you tell me which port on the lnb the line needs to be hooked to?
We are on the Western arc - Thanks in advance for a quick reply!
Port 1 to the hub.... and it has to be that way!

Reactions: Foxbat and scottk52
As anyone used the darbee standalone processing system with their dish? Does it really improve the image??
I had the Darbee Darblet DVP-5000 connected to the HWS (via Denon Receiver) when I had the Sony KDL-55EX501 and loved what it did, but I removed it when I got the 4k LG55EF9500 as the Darbee is unable to pass a 4K signal.

I will probably buy one again if the update the product.

I'm guessing the Oppo Blu Ray players process to 4k after the Darbee chip does its thing, but if it were me, I would no longer pass the Hopper signal through the Oppo.

I don't understand why so may techs are hooking up to the second port on the LNB. I was always told to hook the primary receiver to the first port on the LNB.
OK, I finally got the full story - we still had two lines coming into the house from the dish from the 921 and VIP days. He used one line and abandoned the other but ended up using the abandoned line inside the house plus the mistake in where he attached the line to the lnb. He ended up phoning his partner that was doing and H3 install and passing the word along. The Hopper is working fine now - got all the settings restored from the old remote so all is fine.
He is gone now but I have a problem with getting the wireless Joey's to work. They show up on the system but can't start downloading the software - stuck with that green marching giant dots going across the screen but not downloading the software.
Is a way to reboot them. Is it as simple as unplugging the WAP and Joey's and starting the access point first, then connecting each of the Joey's? He said to wait for the system to do it's reset tonight then see if they connect tomorrow,.but the wife is not going to like that since that includes no TV in our master bedroom.
Any suggestions or guidance to offer?

He is gone now but I have a problem with getting the wireless Joey's to work. They show up on the system but can't start downloading the software - stuck with that green marching giant dots going across the screen but not downloading the software.
I'm wondering why he left without getting the wireless Joey's up and running. Doesn't sound appropriate to me.

Reactions: thomasjk
I had the Darbee Darblet DVP-5000 connected to the HWS (via Denon Receiver) when I had the Sony KDL-55EX501 and loved what it did, but I removed it when I got the 4k LG55EF9500 as the Darbee is unable to pass a 4K signal.

I will probably buy one again if the update the product.

I'm guessing the Oppo Blu Ray players process to 4k after the Darbee chip does its thing, but if it were me, I would no longer pass the Hopper signal through the Oppo.

When I said the Hopper on Oppo BDP-105D, I meant the Hopper 2K since the Oppo will not handle any 4K signals for the input, only 1080P max. I know on the AVS forum, someone said on the LG 65EF9500 using a BDP-103D, the noise reduction on the Oppo worked better than the one on the LG.

Have the Hopper3 and equipment for my upgrade sitting on the floor, will probably be the weekend before it gets installed. :( Have been super busy with work this week.

Super excited for my H3 install Saturday morning... If I'm not mistaken when I moved a month ago... The installer set me up all ready with everything I need...so it should just be switching out receivers... He also informed me about a 16 tuner receiver he had been told about... I posted about it but it seemed odd at the time... Haha not anymore

Reactions: stardust3
Was looking at the previous posts about the dish model being used. On my Hopper 2K, it says I have a DPP 500+ switch which was installed with the Hopper2K on 11/16/2012, does this mean I have a Dish 500 Plus dish or are there other dishes that uses the DPP 500+? If the former, I will just need to make sure the installer replaces the DISH with a current model.

Where are you getting that from. Best place is the check switch screen.
Menu -> Settings -> Point DIsh -> Check Switch -> Details
and
Menu -> Settings -> System Status under h Device

Both of them show the device as a DPP 500+ in multiple locations. In the Check Switch -> Details: Device DPP 500+, 4 ports is what it lists it as for Satellite Input 1, 2 and 3.

That would explain why the box runs out of space fast. I hope it uses the full capacity for the EHD though.

I wouldn't say it runs out fast. I suppose it can if you are recording every episode of multiple series. It took over 900 recordings for me to fill my Hopper with Sling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)