HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I have also gotten used to the 2.5 hr guide. I look on the bright side. I now have 8 channels listed on each page instead of 7.

Eta keeps getting changed and I need to leave my house around 1... Not sure the tech will have time to do what he needs to do in that time frame... That's why I signed up for 8-12... All it should be is is a simple swap out of the receivers and wait for software to download... Not happy I may not get the H3 today
If you have to leave at 1pm, you shouldn't have taken an 8-12 slot. Tech could show up at 11:55 and be "on time".

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xfoneguy
If you have to leave at 1pm, you shouldn't have taken an 8-12 slot. Tech could show up at 11:55 and be "on time".

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

True but if they showed up by 12 I should be able to get out of there by 1 even a few min after

I rescheduled a little after 1 pm

Most folks have reported that the install take about 2 hours sometimes more. So if he arrived at 12 then he might not be done until 2.

The new lnb and solo hub are all ready installed... Even if it did take 2 hours I could have made it work... But not when they will show up around 2... No worries... Just have to wait another week... Still excited to have it for Nba all star weekend

Yeah, the install time can be anywhere up to 5 hours as this is what the e-mail says:

"The appointment will take approximately one to five hours to complete depending on the services being performed. Please ensure that someone 18 years of age or older will be present for the entire appointment and secure any pets to avoid contact with the technician."

I do wonder for the afternoon appointments, will they continue working when it gets dark which is around 6PM here as I have a 12PM-5PM appointment even though the e-mail says:
"*California residents with an afternoon appointment: Your technician will arrive between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM."

Yeah, the install time can be anywhere up to 5 hours as this is what the e-mail says:

"The appointment will take approximately one to five hours to complete depending on the services being performed. Please ensure that someone 18 years of age or older will be present for the entire appointment and secure any pets to avoid contact with the technician."

I do wonder for the afternoon appointments, will they continue working when it gets dark which is around 6PM here as I have a 12PM-5PM appointment even though the e-mail says:
"*California residents with an afternoon appointment: Your technician will arrive between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM."

I suppose it depends on the tech. I know many techs have worked late into the night to make sure the system is up and running correctly. Remember that some techs have to travel a long way for a job.

I suppose it depends on the tech. I know many techs have worked late into the night to make sure the system is up and running correctly. Remember that some techs have to travel a long way for a job.
I think the only issue with late appointments is whether it is dark outside.

What I meant isn't if they worked late at night but rather if they have the required lighting to see in the dark. It seems the techs for D*TV, AT&T, DISH and Comcast are all based either in San Francisco or Colma so they don't really travel that far as I am 10-15 minutes away regardless where they come from. My Land Surveyor is the one that has to travel two hours to do my job as he traveled from the Stockton/Modesto, CA area.

Just plug the USB port into the Hopper and it should recognize it.
We transferred less than 500gb of programs to our older USB 2.0 drive and it took over 9 hours to complete, and it takes the same amount of time to restore to the H3. Not sure how long a USB 3.0 drive would take, but if you have close to a TB plan for a couple of days.

Seems faster than mines as I'm transferring way less than 500GB and it's all 1.5hr episodes in SD and it's taking way longer than 9 hours. I thought the box will interrupt the transfer when it reboots at 1AM at night.

I got my H3 upgrade done today with a 12PM-5PM appointment which is 1PM-5PM in California, the ETA was 1:15PM . The tech who works for DISH in Fremont, CA arrived at the door at 1:19PM and basically started talking to me in Chithere wasnese Cantonese which was pretty much how we communicated in the entire installation. He had his clipboard and the DISH screen cleaner in his hand that he left on the front porch saying he will need to install another DISH so that I can get 110/118/119/129. As I mentioned before, I have a existing Dish 500+ with the DPP500+ switch which is 110/118/119 but they never installed the 129 even though I ordered the DISH Hopper 2K with the America Top 250 and Jadeworld Package when the install was done originally on 11/17/2012. So he basically left the clipboard there and then went to install the DISH using the 2nd floor deck on the rear of my house with his extension ladder. He had a pretty beat up van as even the DISH logo has almost completely faded compared to the nice looking truck with the original install in 2012 that used a Little Giant multi-position ladder. He came back to the front door after installing the DISH at 1:59PM. At 2:03PM, he came back with the H3 and unpacked it from the shipping box and he basically took the shipping box back to his truck, I usually prefer to keep the shipping box which in my case, it would help with my remodeling in the next year or so but I still have my original H2K box. He had the standard HDMI High Speed cable in his hand and basically told me that cable might not work for 4K as the bag is labeled 206021 ASSY, ACCESSORY PACK, HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE WITH DISH LOGO & 2 BATTERIES, are people who got the so called 4K HDMI cable that is included with the H3 install actually getting a different cable? In any case, he said he can get me a 4K cable for $30 which is the Audioquest Pearl. I showed him my stack of 18.0GBps HDMI cables still sealed boxes. Then he said this is a pretty good screen cleaner and if I want it, it will cost me as well. I showed him the Monster Screen Cleaner and Shielder I got for free and he said mines was better especially on a LG 65" 65EF9500 OLED 4K/UltraHD TV. Eventually, he just used the D*TV HDMI Cable I had laying around next to the TV and it worked fine since from what I remember, with HDMI, either the cable works or it doesn't. So anyways, he said he installed a new 1000.2 DISH and is using it along with the Dish 500+ I had before so now I have 110/118/119/129. He didn't tell me which DISH was the primary or how it was connected exactly. The software took forever to download and he basically was testing out the channels which worked but when he went to diagnostics to check switch, it just hanged at 60% after 5 minutes and he repeated the same thing twice before he finally gave up and told me to play with it and left at 2:58PM. He didn't pair my 40.0 remote to the H3 so I can restore my timers and I couldn't get it to pair even though I pressed and released SAT on the remote which is what the H3 said to do but there was no acknowledgement of any type. I got the check switch working which only took a few seconds a few minutes ago when I rebooted the box using the menu option.

Regarding your 40 remote, open the door on your Hopper 3 and press the Sys Info button. Now press the Sat button on your 40 remote. You should hear some beeps and then you should see the 40 remote on your TV screen along with the 52 remote. You can interchange remotes at will just by using them....

Regarding your 40 remote, open the door on your Hopper 3 and press the Sys Info button. Now press the Sat button on your 40 remote. You should hear some beeps and then you should see the 40 remote on your TV screen along with the 52 remote. You can interchange remotes at will just by using them....
It won't pair of it's still paired with the old hopper. To unpair from older hoppers.

Press and hold the sat button until all the light light up
Press and hold 0 and recall for 3 seconds
Press search
Press volume +
Press stop

You should then here the beeps about 5-10 seconds after. Now you can pair to the hopper 3.

Reactions: xfoneguy
It won't pair of it's still paired with the old hopper. To unpair from older hoppers.

Press and hold the sat button until all the light light up
Press and hold 0 and recall for 3 seconds
Press search
Press volume +
Press stop

You should then here the beeps about 5-10 seconds after. Now you can pair to the hopper 3.
If the old Hopper is unplugged, like not attached to the Moca, pairing should work just fine. Now, if the old Hopper is plugged in, and maybe trying to transfer recordings to the new H3, you would need to un-pair the 40 remote first.

If the old Hopper is unplugged, like not attached to the Moca, pairing should work just fine. Now, if the old Hopper is plugged in, and maybe trying to transfer recordings to the new H3, you would need to un-pair the 40 remote first.
I couldn't get mine to pair until I unpaired it. Maybe I was just doing it wrong! Thanks for the heads up!

I couldn't get mine to pair until I unpaired it. Maybe I was just doing it wrong! Thanks for the heads up!
I looked at another thread and I see that, indeed, he is transferring recordings between the two Hoppers. He effectively has a Moca connection, so yes, he would need to unpair the 40 first. This is an unusual situation, maybe a first.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
Actually, I'm transferring to EHD. But I'll pair the 40 to the H3 after I finish transferring the stuff to the EHD and remove the H2K out of the equation. Otherwise I'll just use one of the spare 40.0 remotes DISH automatically sends me once a year for the past 2 years but better to use the old one first. Thanks everyone!

Actually, I'm transferring to EHD. But I'll pair the 40 to the H3 after I finish transferring the stuff to the EHD and remove the H2K out of the equation. Otherwise I'll just use one of the spare 40.0 remotes DISH automatically sends me once a year for the past 2 years but better to use the old one first. Thanks everyone!
I need to get on that list

Reactions: Almighty1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)