HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Trust me I'm not sharing anything that would endanger my employment. This is all pretty solid info, unless I noted next to it that it was an assumption or speculation. Not trying to say I know everything. But I will correct the obvious misinformation that is put out there. If you guys don't like that, then I will cancel membership and let you all mislead eachother

Dude, you need to check yourself. In fact, your boss's, boss's, boss's boss might be reading this right now. :)

I'd bet that all this is because Dish probably plans to offer 'up to 6 TV's free' which would be the 'standard configuration', with another one maybe available for purchase.

They try to keep it simple for their techs.

Folks no reason to argue, I know for a fact that what is listed on the employee site isn't always the most accurate information. Its always been that way with DISH and I don't know why but its quite normal for them to be the last to know whats going on at their company. I don't blame BDWAGSTER for sticking to his guns as that is the information provided to him, and that's admirable that he wants to get accurate information out there. :)

I have never figured out why DISH Employees are always the last to know things, but in doing this for almost 15 years I have come to accept the fact that this is the way DISH does things.

With the launch of the h3 being close. A person would think that dish would be taking every precaution to provide accurate info to the techs.

Maybe something has changed since Scott spoke with Vivek.

I agree with Scott, there's no need to argue about it. The h3 will be here soon and then we'll have endless reviews and other posts/concerns.

I know that this doesn't prove that it will support 6 Joeys but it does at least prove that at one point Dish said it would.
The pic I posted last night was also off of the Portal and says it supports 6 Joeys for up to 7 TVs. Like I said before, I'm not saying you are wrong, we have no idea what the correct info is at this time since we are getting conflicting info from the same source.

Unfortunately, Scherrman, the diagram you posted states on the bottom "if you did not download this document from" Tom Hughes's website, it "may be out of date." How does Tom Hughes = Echostar?
Foxbat, you asked the same question I was going to ask. It's interesting that Tom's diagram is used on Echostar's internal site. Someone else shared that image with me, saying they also got it off of the employee portal. One thought is that Tom works for Echostar, but he wouldn't watermark documents with his personal website's info.

With the launch of the h3 being close. A person would think that dish would be taking every precaution to provide accurate info to the techs.

Maybe something has changed since Scott spoke with Vivek.

I agree with Scott, there's no need to argue about it. The h3 will be here soon and then we'll have endless reviews and other posts/concerns.

I'm assuming that's why there haven't been any updates given to retailers since in the last week.

Foxbat, you asked the same question I was going to ask. It's interesting that Tom's diagram is used on Echostar's internal site. Someone else shared that image with me, saying they also got it off of the employee portal. One thought is that Tom works for Echostar, but he wouldn't watermark documents with his personal website's info.

I don't think it takes much to add in your own info at the bottom of a PDF. To me it likes like a Dish document and his info was added in afterwards.

You think he's an employee, or knows an employee, and then modifies these documents and diagrams and passes them off as his own ?

It is trivial to add that too.

dph_home_seventvs_1hopper_7joeys.jpg

Supposedly.... For now. I wouldn't expect it to stay the same price for too long. Just a feeling.
I plan on getting a couple of them just to try them. I haven't even upgraded the TV that I use the most to 4K yet, I am waiting to see what 2016 models and pricing hold. I just want to try the 4K Joeys for the speed, size, and the few extra features.
I wouldn't doubt them going up on the fee in the future, but I bet they will keep the fee the same for "grandfathered" customers.
If you think you might want 4K Joeys, you might want to go ahead and get them, remember the Hopper fee increase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)