HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

When I had my SJ put in the upgraded my LNB to then new hybrid version and replaced my node with a solo hub. Can I order from dish depot and unhook the H2 and SJ and hook up the H3 without any other changes?
If you upgraded to the sj then they would've replaced your solo node with a duo hub not a solo hub. So you will need to switch it out for a solo hub to run the hopper3. Unless someone on here has different info, I am to understand that moving forward, the duo hub will only be used for pre dpz equipment.

If you upgraded to the sj then they would've replaced your solo node with a duo hub not a solo hub. So you will need to switch it out for a solo hub to run the hopper3. Unless someone on here has different info, I am to understand that moving forward, the duo hub will only be used for pre dpz equipment.
I am pretty sure the tech said it was the solo hub. When I get home I will check it out. I will order one if needed.

The super Joey requires a second line from the lnbf, so the solo wouldn't work for that. The super Joey get connected to the adv client/host port and so does the hopper2k/sling. So a duo hub is the only way to do it. If he did use a solo hub, then slap him.lol

Reactions: Troch77
The super Joey requires a second line from the lnbf, so the solo wouldn't work for that. The super Joey get connected to the adv client/host port and so does the hopper2k/sling. So a duo hub is the only way to do it. If he did use a solo hub, then slap him.lol
He may have mis-spoke or I just changed it in my head. I Will find out for sure and order the solo hub if needed! Thank you for the feed back!

Yes you are correct the Super Joey needs the Duo Hub.

The solo hub one won't work because you can't put an Integrater in like you can on a Solo Node for a super Joey.

Folks - So just to confirm, Hopper 3 is not available for consumers right now..just to retailers, correct? I would love to join the bandwagon when its the right time. I have 2 Hoppers..one of Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 each. Plan to upgrade the Hopper 1 to Hopper 3. If the upgrade is open, is Dish asking us for a charge to upgrade? I thought I read somewhere they customers might be able to upgrade for free...which sound too good to be true :)

Thanks in advance!

Dont believe its available to retailers yet. At least that is what I was told by DISH about an hour and a half ago. :)

The Hopper 3 will replace both of your Hoppers since the old Hoppers will not work with the new LNB system once the LNB is hooked up to a Hopper 3.

Folks - So just to confirm, Hopper 3 is not available for consumers right now..just to retailers, correct? I would love to join the bandwagon when its the right time. I have 2 Hoppers..one of Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 each. Plan to upgrade the Hopper 1 to Hopper 3. If the upgrade is open, is Dish asking us for a charge to upgrade? I thought I read somewhere they customers might be able to upgrade for free...which sound too good to be true :)

Thanks in advance!
You will have to upgrade to ONE H3, cannot have H2 on same acct. No way to know at this time what upgrades will cost as no one has been able to upgrade yet - it has not been released.

Peggy97950- Thanks for the response. Interesting that I will have to turn in both Hoppers then. Love the setup currently since I'm able to split my recordings between TVs and family members. Guess will loose that then.

Apologies for my ignorance - how come both cannot work in parallel. Happy to read a post, if that was already mentioned somewhere.

Installation for H3 is different than what you have now - but with 1 H3 you will be able to edit timers/recordings from anywhere, something you can't do now. It will really be a "whole home system" . Will also be a couple of $$ cheaper - There's lots to read here to explain in more detail.

Since you will be required to agree to a new 2 yr contract, it's wise to know exactly what the H3 does (& doesn't do), It might not be what you want for your setup.

Update for purchased hopper 3's. In addition to tracking numbers this morning, I just got my receipt in my email FWIW. Waiting for tracking to update with to show package in UPS possession. I'm hesitant to believe it's really being shipped today until then