HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I believe that excuse gets many jobs blown off. "Sir/Mam I'm going to have to drill holes everywhere and wrap your house because you have unapproved cable" :eeek

We've seen a lot of their 'work' and it ain't pretty.

We replace cable whenever it's necessary but at least we do a nice neat job. We see 'their' jobs with cables running off the roof, over the gutter and down the middle of a wall all the time when it could have easily been routed to the corner of the house and down behind the siding where you wouldn't even see it, as an example. People call us all the time to come 'clean up their mess'.

Reactions: stardust3
Folks I need to put a reminder that if you work for DISH or a DISH fulfillment service that you are under some kind Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) This NDA prohibits you from posting to forums or elsewhere things that may be considered confidential, this includes details of unreleased products and software.

By posting such things could lead to you being terminated and possibly be subject to legal action. We don't want to see anyone lose their job or worse by posting here. In addition we here at SatelliteGuys would rather not be dragged into legal proceedings just so we can help DISH identify who's posting.

I want to remind everyone that if you have something you want to share but don't want to get fired we have our tip email box at tips@satelliteguys.us, when you send stuff here we may elect to post the info you sent for you anonymously. I will be honest though a lot of stuff we get sent to our tips box we don't post as its about things not working on things not released yet. We don't want our users to get upset or to believe and start spreading rumors that something is not going to work on a product that has no been released yet. A lot of times people believe what they read and then pass the bad info along to others. This is something we try to prevent and feel there is no reason to make people worry about something that will be working when the product is released.

We here at SatelliteGuys want to have the most accurate information out there but we want that information to be out there only when its supposed to be out there.

If you are a DISH employee or installer we urge you to PLEASE check with your HR Department or manager before posting here so that you do not get in trouble. We don't want to see anyone lose their job and we know how hard it is now a days to put food on the family table.

Thanks for your understanding.

I would advise if you have some info you want to share but aren't certain if you should, just email it to Scott. As a retailer I have done this plenty of times so I don't get myself in trouble. Scott will know what's OK to post and he can get rid of sensitive info before he posts it on here. This is the best way to protect Dish, Scott and yourself.

Last night or early this morning, there was lots of mentions of "NDAs". If you're an employee, you aren't likely to sign a separate NDA, so don't think you're in the clear to talk about things. Your "employment agreement" or whatever Dish may call it will cover "confidential" stuff and the repercussions related to it.

Reactions: Foxbat
We've seen a lot of their 'work' and it ain't pretty.

We replace cable whenever it's necessary but at least we do a nice neat job. We see 'their' jobs with cables running off the roof, over the gutter and down the middle of a wall all the time when it could have easily been routed to the corner of the house and down behind the siding where you wouldn't even see it, as an example. People call us all the time to come 'clean up their mess'.
Wow, where we live it is the exact opposite. We wall fish whenever possible and hide cables when its not. There are always a few out there that make us look bad, and they don't usually stay employed very long. Personally I always leave a home looking better than when I got there.

Reactions: cummingsje
I was watching on a WJ which normally gets 2 updates (one from it's own update & one when LR Hopper updates & moca resets) - usually Joey does it at 1:02 am here, but never had an interruption. Did get an update to the WJ at 2:30, nothing new on the H2's. Everything seems to be working as expected.
I evidently got a update cause I clicked on my apps and they look different and my weathernation app works now.If I page through my guide its kind of sluggish still.But ya everythings working ok....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts