HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I can see this thread going off the rails and into the weeds real fast...

(BTW, that's one.)

Unfortunately, plugging in the EHD to your 722 will format it for EHD use. No more Corn...

PM me your address and I can UPS the 1 TB drive to you. It's blank so no fears about losing content

Awesome! Andrea B. has me set up for a Monday morning install!
:crowdbounce:everybodydance:grinbounce
We'll be all set up for the Super Bowl, and since the EHD is compatible from my 722k, I can have the pre-game be the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning & the Indianapolis Colts vs. the Chicago Bears!

After Hester returns the opening kickoff for a TD its not worth watching anymore.

Reactions: Foxbat
What version software is on the Hopper 3 and how close is to the beta one some of us have been testing ?
Visually not to different then the newest beta build on hopper 2. But on hopper he the guide is SO fast and smooth. It feels premium.

Attachments

• 1454256540289-1340445100.jpg
    1454256540289-1340445100.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 573
Reactions: stardust3
1454256540289-1340445100-jpg.113443

Okay, let me get my Publishing Geek on here... VAG Rounded is the GUI Font? Or is that only used in some of the screens?

VAG stands for Volkswagen Automotive Group (or more properly, en Deutsche, Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft) and VAG Rounded was developed in the 1970s to be used for the Corporate typeface. It was placed in the Public Domain which is why Dish (and others) can use it for free. Wikipedia has a nice write-up of the history of VAG Rounded: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG_Rounded

1454256540289-1340445100-jpg.113443

Okay, let me get my Publishing Geek on here... VAG Rounded is the GUI Font? Or is that only used in some of the screens?

VAG stands for Volkswagen Automotive Group (or more properly, en Deutsche, Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft) and VAG Rounded was developed in the 1970s to be used for the Corporate typeface. It was placed in the Public Domain which is why Dish (and others) can use it for free. Wikipedia has a nice write-up of the history of VAG Rounded: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG_Rounded
Do we have to worry about falsified EMI/RFI testing data? I'd hate to interrupt a pacemaker or interfere with a coffee maker timer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Congratulations to those already on the H3. We're really looking forward to it, going thru a retailer and doing a self install. Probably Tue or Wed before mine gets done.

Scott mentioned in another thread that it has been a long time since he had a 722. I have had a 722 for a very long time...lol. Not sure why we haven't upgraded long ago, stubbornness, cheap, reluctant to change.?.?.? Probably a combination of all.....lol.
Maybe TheKrell has had too much influence on you! ;)

But even HE is weakening! :Devilish

Last edited:
....Unfortunately, plugging in the EHD to your 722 will format it for EHD use. No more Corn...

PM me your address and I can UPS the 1 TB drive to you. It's blank so no fears about losing content
I think you just pre-empted the formation of a SatGuys "Share the Corn" forum.

Oh, wait.........
;)

Reactions: Foxbat
Tech is here. He says that the Joey 4Ks haven't arrived here (Austin, TX) yet. He is going to put in a 2.0 and swap later. Seems to be experienced, but this is his first Hopper 3 install.
....... Standby for updates.

Still waiting to hear from dirt. Though I was number 205 or something like that in the waiting list. So not surprised. Very jealous of all you guys that have had a successful install and are getting to use the new Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)