HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish knows the original Joeys are slow. They must feel that relative to a Hopper, it's acceptable but a Hopper 3 is blazing fast in comparison so going back and forth with an H3 and J1 would be very noticeable and a poor experience.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Just in case keep your old 40.0 remotes. Lots of people don't like the new ones, and the old ones work just fine on the H3.
Plus you can bring all your old timers and settings over from your remote to the new Hopper.
I'm sure the Tech is going to take the remotes.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I keep all my defective remotes that were replaced. I knew there was a good reason to keep them!
I have one Unopened brand new one, maybe I'll just keep one old one if he let's me, and the kids can use the 40s in there bedrooms.

I wish the voice command one was ready.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I got the phone call and Text,
Tech arrives between 2:15 and 3:30.
And they already have the address wrong.
No catastrophic but I called Dish, got "Mike" with the India accent lol, to make the change.
But Tech supposed to call me hour before hand as well.
GPS is not a friend to my location.
I'm right on the county line, so my town spread into 2 county's has the same exact Zip code.
It's a pain in the ass.

Our 911 is different then our mailing, even though it's the same place.
Our mailing adress shows up accurate on GPS, but our physical adress takes you into the middle of a dirt road lol.
Good thing the Fire department and ambulance are an 1/8 of a mile away .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I got the phone call and Text,
Tech arrives between 2:15 and 3:30.
And they already have the address wrong.
No catastrophic but I called Dish, got "Mike" with the India accent lol, to make the change.
But Tech supposed to call me hour before hand as well.
GPS is not a friend to my location.
I'm right on the county line, so my town spread into 2 county's has the same exact Zip code.
It's a pain in the ass.

Our 911 is different then our mailing, even though it's the same place.
Our mailing adress shows up accurate on GPS, but our physical adress takes you into the middle of a dirt road lol.
Good thing the Fire department and ambulance are an 1/8 of a mile away .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Happy Easter! Hope your install goes well!!

I just rescheduled, April 1st now.
Too many things popping up at work today now.

Restaurant is packed already today, and 2 people called out.
Gotta go,

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Gotta go,
emoji30.png

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
April Fools!! Good luck on the upgrade. My house has the same address as a house in the next town over.
We both have the same zip code. So when I if the address comes up Clementon I always change it Laur

Gotta go,

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

April Fools!!! Our address is the same as a home in the next town over. Both towns have the same zip code.
So when I order something and the shipping address comes up Clementon I always change it to Laurel Springs.
Hasn't help sometimes though.

Good luck on your install.

Reactions: Troch77
When we had our installation I caught the tech at the door and told him the remotes were mine and they stayed with me. If you are like me you will find the new remotes are not as functional as the old 40.0. The new one that came with the hopper went to my retirement drawer.
There are other threads about this if you want to do a search.

I always take the remotes with me : / never met anyone yet with a hopper 3 upgrade chew me out for taking all the 40.0 remotes. 52.0 fanboy. ;)
If they save their timers etc I'll notate account and put an extra remote ( off my vehicle ) in the return box so I don't get in trouble with the warehouse for missing remotes.

With my H3, 1 wireless Joey and 3 4k Joeys upgrade the installer said he just needed a remote to put in the box. Looked in my old remote box and gave him some old 3.2 remotes and kept the 5 40.0's.

Reactions: Bobby
I bought a 40.0 for one of my Joey boxes and I like it better then the 52.0 remote. Unfortunately, I noticed that it is not as responsive as the 52.0 and I have to point it in a certain direction for it to work. It's not the worst but I wish it worked as well as the 52.0 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)