Hopper 3 Video/Audio HDMI Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scion142

Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Sunland, California
About 3 weeks after install of new DISH service (including the Hopper 3 and 2 4K Joeys) I started to experience audio dropouts from the Hopper 3 connected to my Samsung UHD set via a direct HDMI connection from the Hopper 3 to the set's HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant input. Now, on occasion, at start up, neither audio or video is passed to the Samsung. The purpose of using this connection is to take advantage of the Hopper's 4K capabilities (both Netflix streaming - I have adequate bandwidth) and potential future linear 4K broadcasts. Clearly, there is a handshake issue going on as all other aspects of the Hopper 3 work fine. I tried replacing the DISH-supplied HDMI cable with a higher spec cable but the problem persists, although intermittently. Can this be fixed? I will try unplugging both the Samsung and Hopper 3 to see if that fixes the issue but I'm not hopeful....

Since you have had no response in a few days I would give Samsung a call and see what they have to say.

If HDMI -CEC is turned on, try turning it off. In addition try resetting the Smart-Hub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)