Request for OTA EPG Help in South Bend, IN DMA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Now that the Hopper 3 has seemingly put the OTA Reception glitches to rest, I notice that the OTA Guide Problems for my DMA. I hope DIRT sees this and can pass it up the chain to the necessary parties.

Ever since our local Fox affiliate, WSJV (28.x) transferred their FOX Affiliate status to WSBT (22.x) a few months back, our Over-the-Air EPG data via satellite has been scrambled. Currently, WSBT is broadcasting the CBS 1080i feed on 22.1 and the Fox 720p feed on 22.2, dropping 22.3 (24 hr. StormTracker22) to have enough bandwidth to make it work. Over at WSJV, 28.1 and 28.2 are now duplicate H&I feeds.

My Sony Bravia uses Gracenote to provide OTA Guide information. It shows the OTA channels and the upcoming programming correctly:
OTAGuideSony.jpg

Switching over to my Hopper 3/4K Joey combo, I see this:
OTAGuide22.jpg

Dish has successfully mapped the Fox programming on 022-02 over to the familiar 028-00, renaming it WSBT2, but it then maps that to the OTA channel 028-01. Right now 028-01 is showing "Greatest American Hero" but the Info button tells me this is a Shark Rocket infomercial.

Like I said, I never noticed this until the new Hopper U331 update and I can use the OTA module. Thanks to Timr who first brought this to my attention. Now that I can see it, I can see how annoying this will be until Dish gets the Guide matched up.

For DIRT involvement, you might want to PM a DIRT agent directly when they are online. Looks like none are on yet this morning, but probably will be on at some point today. We had a similar situation in the Charlotte DMA a couple years ago when the local FOX and CW affiliates basically swapped stations. OTA guide data was screwed up between the two for a couple weeks until DIRT was able to help get it resolved.

Foxbat, what does your Hopper guide display on 028-02? Does it have the correct guide information, no guide at all, or is it also a copy of the incorrect guide information on 028-01?

Foxbat, what does your Hopper guide display on 028-02? Does it have the correct guide information, no guide at all, or is it also a copy of the incorrect guide information on 028-01?

Until October 1st WSJV 28-01 was Fox 28 (for 20 years) and their subchannel 28-2 was H&I. When Fox moved to 22-2 they replaced 28-01 OTA with a duplicate of 28-2. Both are broadcasting H&I now. Sinclair owns the station and I would think they have plans to change it soon/ add more subchannels maybe.

SBT2 22-2 used to be on DISH in the South Bend market on 30-00, it was the UPN channel years ago but has been independent since. I guess DISH dropped WSJV 28 on October 1st when it stopped being FOX. So it sounds like DISH changed 30-00 to 28-00 in the place of the removed WSJV channel so for DISH subscribers in South Bend they continue to get Fox on the same channel 28-00 and the timers still work. That's what broke my guide since I cannot get 28-00. So now 28-00 on DISH is actually OTA 22-2 and 28-01 is a simulcast from 28-02 H&I.

It's ridiculous.

No real guide data, just the usual 210 hour long event called "WSJVH" (a.k.a. "Digital Service") rated TV-MA. OTA right now, it's "Star Trek: Enterprise" on both 028-01 & 028-02, but EPG for 028-01 says it's "Family Guy" (Stewie and Brian stow away on a flight to Europe, but it looks like they ended up on the Orion Slave colony instead...)

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)