RV Setup

OverRHeads

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Northern Arkansas
Background.....I used to live in Illinois and had a 1000+ dish (looking at 110, 118.75 for locals, 119, and 129). I moved to North Arkansas and now look at the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.7, and 77) instead of the Western Arc in order to receive my local channels. However, when I moved I brought my 1000+ with me.

I have a 2 Hopper 3 Joey setup in my home right now and am looking to take one of my Hoppers with me in my RV. My questions are:

1. Can I use my 1000+ dish to look at the Eastern Arc?
2. If the answer to number one is no, can I point it to it's intended target (110,119, and 129) and get all channels but my locals (which are on 77)?
3. My 1000+ came with a DPP44 switch when it was used to supply multiple tv's. Is it necessary if I am only supplying one tv in the RV?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Since you seem to have a western arc lnb you would need to use the western arc. Depending on where you're going you may be inside of the spot beam coverage to still get your locals I'm standard def atleast as they're probably in SD on the western arc

Since you seem to have a western arc lnb you would need to use the western arc. Depending on where you're going you may be inside of the spot beam coverage to still get your locals I'm standard def atleast as they're probably in SD on the western arc

I just found that my locals are in SD on 110 so you are absolutely correct that I would still get them. Is there any problem with the rest of the setup? Can I take my Hopper with me and use this Dish/LNB setup?

you can try. I've tried using one line without a node and was able to see two tuners but was only troubleshooting at a customers home, so not aware how it would work if left that way.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help. I think I will try to peak the dish and hook my hopper directly into one of the DPP44 outputs and see what happens!
I will post back on this thread if I have any further questions.

Reactions: HIFI
with your 1000+ dish you will be able to use it to run one hopper but you will need the 44 and also a solo node to work correctly.

Depending on the type of LNBF his 1000+ is using (DP or DPP), he may or may not need to use his 44 switch.

Depending on the type of LNBF his 1000+ is using (DP or DPP), he may or may not need to use his 44 switch.

Tell me more!

Here is the dish and LNB setup that I have.

For some reason the pictures are showing up in my post preview but they are not appearing here!!!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
you can try. I've tried using one line without a node and was able to see two tuners but was only troubleshooting at a customers home, so not aware how it would work if left that way.

I tried to make the setup work today and it just tried checking switch for a minute or so and then kept rebooting the Hopper. When I put it back in my house on my Eastern Arc dish with a Duo Node it worked fine. Also, the screen was saying:
Node: No (which is correct because I do not have one)
Switch: No

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be picking up the DPP44 switch. I also had the switch's power inserter plugged in.

Finally, I have an old dish with a single LNB. I only need to see Sat 110 so could I just point this dish straight to 110? Would it have to go through the switch?

Any help would be appreciated!

Update......

I peaked the dish again and changed out a coax cable (wondering if the connector on the old one was not good). My Hopper now says "Signal Detected" and recognizes the switch. It takes a long time to get through the check switch. When it finally gets through "4 of 4" on the check switch screen it will not allow me to go to a channel or the guide. Does this mean that a Solo Node will be required for this setup?

A node or hub is required for all non"H3" Hopper systems to function properly, if your Hopper system is functioning properly at your home, there is a node somewhere in the setup. As far as the 44 switch goes, if your 1000+ dish utilizes the newer DPP lnbf setup, the 44 switch is not required for a single Hopper install.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverRHeads
A node or hub is required for all non"H3" Hopper systems to function properly, if your Hopper system is functioning properly at your home, there is a node somewhere in the setup. As far as the 44 switch goes, if your 1000+ dish utilizes the newer DPP lnbf setup, the 44 switch is not required for a single Hopper install.

I bought a Solo Node yesterday and gave it a shot last night. My Hopper went through the check switch process and took a very long time hung up on "4 of 4." It finally rebooted and I thought I won! When it came back up it started the check switch again. I did see in the background (behind the check switch status screen) that it recognized the node and the DPP44 switch. It also said "signal detected." However, it would never complete the check switch process. Does this sound like a dish pointing problem?

Here is how I have it all hooked up:
  • The DPP44 switch mounted to the back of the dish with all 4 lines coming from the individual Dish Pro (DP) LNB's
  • Two short RG-6 lines to the Solo Node out of the switch
  • One RG-6 line comes from the "Host" port of the node to the "switch" side of the DPP44 power inserter
  • One RG-6 line from the "receiver" side of the power inserter to the back of the Hopper
Does all of this sound right?
Since I only need Sat 110, could I unhook the other three LNB's from the switch and just point directly at 110 with this dish?

Thanks!

I bought a Solo Node yesterday and gave it a shot last night. My Hopper went through the check switch process and took a very long time hung up on "4 of 4." It finally rebooted and I thought I won! When it came back up it started the check switch again. I did see in the background (behind the check switch status screen) that it recognized the node and the DPP44 switch. It also said "signal detected." However, it would never complete the check switch process. Does this sound like a dish pointing problem?

• The DPP44 switch mounted to the back of the dish with all 4 lines coming from the individual Dish Pro (DP) LNB's
  • One RG-6 line comes from the "Host" port of the node to the "switch" side of the DPP44 power inserter
  • One RG-6 line from the "receiver" side of the power inserter to the back of the Hopper
Since I only need Sat 110, could I unhook the other three LNB's from the switch and just point directly at 110 with this dish?

Thanks!
Can you Repost the images? If im not mistaken then I dont think you can "Point Anyware" with only one set of LNB'S

Can you Repost the images? If im not mistaken then I dont think you can "Point Anyware" with only one set of LNB'S

I tried to post another pic from an online host (Shutterfly) and they show up in my post preview but not in the actual post. I am not sure what you mean by "point anywhere." I was pointed to the direction that was provided for a 1000+ dish at my location per dishpointer.com.

39.4 elevation
220 Azimuth
121.5 Skew (if I remember correctly)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-21 at 10.26.02 AM.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 at 10.26.02 AM.png
    62 KB · Views: 119

Thanks!

No it doesn't sound right.

You should have 3 wires coming from the dish to the DPP44 left side inputs. Don't use the fourth port from the dish, just the first 3 from the left.

Port 1 output on the bottom of the DPP44 switch should go to the power inserter. Ports 2 and 3 should go to the inputs on the node. Then a line from the host port of the node to the Hopper.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)