My Dish Network RV Conundrum

EJMacD

Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Richmond, TX
First, I am glad I found this place. I have pulled out a lot of hair.

I have a 2022 Keystone Springdale travel trailer. It has a cable coax connector on the utility side. It also has a Winegard Air360+ installed. The 360+ has a satellite line run into the RV adjacent to the Winegard wall plate.

I have a King Tailgater and two Dish Wallys. It is my understanding that the King only receives from one satellite at a time. Both receivers must be on channels on the same satellite. I have tried every combination of receivers and multiple switch checks and reboots and the slave receiver will never change satellites when the master receiver channel is switched to a different satellite.

Dish tech support is useless.

I have read here that the Winegard Trav'ler with the 3 LNB will work with my Wallys. I really don't want to pay 2000 bucks for a satellite antenna.

Is there an antenna that will work with my 2 Wallys? I am proficient at aiming satellites.

The Wallys are tied to my hunting ranch Dish which has a Hopper 3 receiver. I understand that the Hopper 3 will work with the 1000.2 3 LNB antenna but the Wallys will not. I need two receivers and am tired of trying to make this work.

Thanks in Advance!

Eddie

I have tried every combination of receivers and multiple switch checks and reboots and the slave receiver will never change satellites when the master receiver channel is switched to a different satellite.
The slave will change satellites once the master does, it’s just that you need to manually run a check switch each time on the slave for the change to take effect. In addition, guide data has to be re-downloaded every single time because the receiver will only download and display guide data for the set of satellites currently received, meaning that upon a satellite change the previous data is useless and usually leads to the receiver getting confused and soft locked. The only way I’ve seen around without the use of a Trav’ler/Home dish is with certain Winegard models like the T4 or Mission, those with detect as a SW64 switch instead of a Mobile switch. This helps because check switches on Mobile types do not persist reboots, but check switches on SW64 do, so you could run a check switch from the master line on both receivers to make them both save and acknowledge all satellites (still with the limitation of one satellite at a time).

The Wallys are tied to my hunting ranch Dish which has a Hopper 3 receiver.
First of all, it’s worth mentioning that there is no such thing as having a receiver “tied” to a satellite dish (unless you meant that literally?). As far as the receivers are concerned, just give it a satellite signal that is compatible with the box and it will run.

I understand that the Hopper 3 will work with the 1000.2 3 LNB antenna but the Wallys will not. I need two receivers and am tired of trying to make this work.
A LNB used for a Hopper3 will most certainly be of the DPH variety (also know as Hybrid), which is able to serve a Wally out of the box. It is however limited to a single Wally on the primary port without the use of special splitters.

I’m guessing you want to keep using the 1000.2 for your Hopper3, so the recommendation here would be to purchase another 1000.2 but with a LNB of the DPP variety instead. DPP signaling is limited to two tuners per line so it is unable to run a Hopper (besides the Duo) out of the box, but the LNB has 3 outputs that are all capable of running Wally’s. Throw that on a tripod and you have a portable dish that you do have to aim yourself, but will allows full access to all satellites on the connected receivers.

Reactions: charlesrshell