Hopper 3 with Hopper XIP813

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RadioChuck

Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I currently have the Hopper 3 and will be adding an original (XIP813) Hopper to my setup. The question is... will the older XIP813 work with the dish (LNBF) that was installed with the Hopper 3? I'd like to use the two units side-by-side. The XIP813 is a beta unit and I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between it and my paid-for (and much more capable) Hopper 3.

Thanks!

Okay... I suspected that might be the case. Looks like I'll have to run an additional coax for the additional dish. Thanks for the reply, Pepper.

I'm not even sure Dish will activate an H/HWS on the same account as an H3. But as said, you'll need a second Dish, or maybe combo of switches once the DPH42 is released.

Reactions: RadioChuck
I currently have the Hopper 3 and will be adding an original (XIP813) Hopper to my setup. The question is... will the older XIP813 work with the dish (LNBF) that was installed with the Hopper 3? I'd like to use the two units side-by-side. The XIP813 is a beta unit and I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between it and my paid-for (and much more capable) Hopper 3.

Thanks!

A 'beta unit'? May we ask for further details?

The Hopper 3 uses a hybrid lnb. Also, there is most likely a solo hub installed. Easiest just to have separate dish for original Hopper and not try to integrate into existing system.

I'm thinking that's going to be the way to go. I know that the cable that comes from the dish is a straight run. I don't see any other electronics in the line. Regardless tho, I don't mind the additional dish. Just means they're going to have to roll a tech out to do it. I recently moved here and my ladder and a lot of my tools are still at the other house, out of state. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also believe that Dish currently will NOT authorize a mixed H3/XiP813 on a single account. That may change by January, but I doubt it. However, Beta units may be an exception, if you are still in the Beta program. If not still in the Beta program (and I would think the good people and the God at Beta would help you and answer this question for you), it seems you lose all your special status and are cast down among the mere mortals on this planet. I presume Dish has no interest in having you return your 1st gen Hopper Beta as they just don't care about those anymore and let you keep it, but mixing it with a Hopper3 on one account could still be NO GO. Confirm Dish will allow what you want before you waste your time. The best of luck. The computer system CSR's use at Dish may not even allow them to do it, perhaps not even DIRT can get the computer to do it, with exceptions for those at Beta Testing and a few other staff who have authorization for like celebrities and employees. Let us know if they make it work for you. If they do, they will probably not want you to tell us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts