Hopper 3 with no option to program remote for TV (1 Viewer)

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 1, 2004
Have new hopper 3 that when you go to icon to program remote it just comes up with a blank screen.
Can't program it to anything. Receiver has new 54 remote however if there is no programming screen how could you program any remote?

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Have new hopper 3 that when you go to icon to program remote it just comes up with a blank screen.
Can't program it to anything. Receiver has new 54 remote however if there is no programming screen how could you program any remote?
Did you pair the remote to your Hopper?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Did you just get your Hopper in the last day or so...they often take 1-2 days to settle in, and can do some strange things during that time. If you have already paired the remove as Charles asked, you might also try unplugging the receiver for a couple minutes then allow it to reboot and try again.

Reactions: charlesrshell

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
If you have a 52 or a 40 Remote, you can use one of those to get to that option and then use the 54 to pair to the TV. That’s the workaround. Otherwise you will have to wait until the software upgrades overnight or turn all of your receivers off and it should update, These new receivers have software on them already but it’s not updated for the new remote

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
When I programed my 54 remote, I got a message that the remote was upgrading its firmware and I had to wait until it finished to proceed with the pairing.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
When I programed my 54 remote, I got a message that the remote was upgrading its firmware and I had to wait until it finished to proceed with the pairing.
Yep, I got that too with the 54.0, 52.0, and 50.0 remotes. I think that is pretty cool DISH can upgrade the remotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts