Hopper 3 won't record one recurring program daily.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Electrojim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Brea, CA
Up until a couple of days ago, we had our Hopper 3 set to record Good Morning America off our local ABC channel (via Dish) daily. It worked flawlessly until it just refused. We noticed today that the show wasn't recorded, although it was on the air... we watched the rest of it. The entry for that show on the Schedule and Timers menu was just gone. So I reprogrammed it, setting the record option tor "All New" shows. I closed the setup screen and then went back to it, the instruction for that timer had been automatically reset to "Once."

Thinking I might have too many timers set, or something, I cleaned out a bunch, whittling the total down to maybe 15 or so. Then I tried reprogramming again, this time assigning it #1 on the Priority setting and editing the "Once" to "All New." Same thing, it won't take, resets itself to "Once." In fact, at one point I got a message on the screen that the timer edit failed and for me to try again later. What could be going on here? No other timers have changed at all.

I had the same thing happen on my Wally last week, except it was Morning Joe. I was able to change the new timer to Mon-Fri.
Aha! I gave that a try, Dude, and it 'stuck.' ABC has the GMA program on weekdays and a 'separate edition' on the weekends. So maybe that has something to do with it. Anyhow, it's set for Mon-Fri and it's holding. Next I'll try setting a separate timer for the weekend edition, but can't right now because there is no option for "Daily," "M-F," "Once," etc. That just doesn't show up for that weekend show. Anyhow, many thanks, I think you saved the day... at least M-F.

Then I tried reprogramming again, this time assigning it #1 on the Priority setting and editing the "Once" to "All New." Same thing, it won't take, resets itself to "Once." In fact, at one point I got a message on the screen that the timer edit failed and for me to try again later
I've seen this when you try to make a timer for some movies or a one time event that isn't seen as a series to the receiver (Like something off one of the info channels or showing no info available) then change it, reason it will refuse to change from Once is because, well, it cant recognize a series and therefore cant attach a timer to it. So only stuff like once or time based timers work.

If this is what is happening then my guess is that this specific show in your guide is borked somehow, and that may be something that should be reported to Dish. (So that they can notify the guide provider to add the series info to the program or whatever the fix is).

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is a guide issue not Hopper. Well, as far as I know. Ran into similar problem.. I record the Rachel Maddow show every night for wifey. Lately what’s happening is hopper 3 is recording the show (between 9 and 10 pm) and the repeat after midnight! I tried several things. Nothing worked. so, I just delete the second recording every morning. Funny thing is it does not happen to other recordings. Maybe,Charlie is punishing us, two aging hippies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)