Hopper 3

EmmaJane

Original poster
Oct 3, 2016
Hagerstown, MD
I just got Dish installed on Sun 10/2/2016 When I switched I was under the impression I would get a hopper 3 and at least a Joey 2.0 and my box just says hopper with sling no number 3 and my joeys look like they are 1.0. Is there anything I can do about this because I feel like that is false advertisement. I also am having trouble when I search for a program I can only search for a channel it will not let me search by show name. When I record a program it automatically stops letting you watch a tv show on one of the TV's a joey is attached to?

Welcome to SatGuys!

Quick way to tell on your Hopper...the Hopper 3 has a red stripe around the bottom of the front panel. If you were told you would get a Hopper 3, then you should definitely be on the phone to them to get this corrected, or better yet, contact one of the DIRT members on this board (They are Dish's Internet Response Team...very good support folks!)

As for the Joey's, the physical box is the exact same between the Joey 1 and Joey 2.

Hopper 3:

upload_2016-10-3_8-15-1.png

Original Hopper and Hopper w/ Sling (i.e. Hopper 2) looks like this:

upload_2016-10-3_8-20-35.png

Did you contact Dish and what did they do for you? The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to get Dish to do anything. If your installer left you his phone number, just call him first.

Not all new customers qualify for a free Hopper 3. Some qualify for a Hopper 1 or 2 and must pay extra for a 3, which most don't want to do.

I just got Dish installed on Sun 10/2/2016 When I switched I was under the impression I would get a hopper 3 and at least a Joey 2.0 and my box just says hopper with sling no number 3 and my joeys look like they are 1.0. Is there anything I can do about this because I feel like that is false advertisement. I also am having trouble when I search for a program I can only search for a channel it will not let me search by show name. When I record a program it automatically stops letting you watch a tv show on one of the TV's a joey is attached to?
I qualified for the Hopper 2 last year later in the month of October. We would be watching it and it would just shut off for no apparent reason or reasons. After so many private messages via Facebook, I finally got an agent with Dish and they set me up with another Tech visit. It was really weird, but I got the same Tech in March, that I had in late October. He said that there was some wires that he noticed was ok, but not great. He then suggested upgrading to the Hopper 3, which I said if it was a free upgrade, then I would go with the Hopper 3. I am happy to say, that we rarely have any issues with it now, other than stormy weather. Make it right. Demand a troubleshoot or if that won't solve the problem, demand a Tech. As customers, who pay quite a bit for entertainment, we deserve for this to be right and correct. Good luck, and let us know if the issue is solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts